INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MPAA Rating, Duration, and Size  (Read 1251 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
MPAA Rating, Duration, and Size
« on: July 19, 2009, 10:27:31 am »

With DVD source material, MC is unable to determine the Duration of the video and I am unable to edit it.  Can this be properly calculated--probably the longest title on the disc--otherwise I would like to enter it.  It doesn't look like I can make it editable from the configuration area.

Ratings could also be replaced with the black and white MPAA rating logos rather than just using the letter.  Should this field have a default tag listing of the main MPAA ratings?

Lastly, size shows 32KB--the length of the main starting file.  Again, I would really like this to show the real number: 7.5GB.

Also, can theater view show stars for rating rather than just the number?

Just a few issues as I start utilizing the new sidecar feature and tagging all my movies!  There is no end to this as I'm starting with basically no meta data at all on my entire video library :(

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MPAA Rating, Duration, and Size
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 01:36:34 am »

Why not use Personal Video Database (PVD) to do the metadata collection for you. I just did it for over 1000 video files. It took a few days to make sure PVD knew exactly which film titles' info to download off IMDB, but once it was done, it was very easy using the PVDImport plug-in.
Pages: [1]   Go Up