INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC14 menus - File, Edit, View etc..  (Read 1068 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
MC14 menus - File, Edit, View etc..
« on: July 21, 2009, 12:22:30 am »

I have various gripes with MC14's menu and left panel structures from the point of view of usability.

• Some of the menu items are confusing. For example, View menu has 2 items marked "Theater View" - it is not at all clear to new users what each one does.
  • View menu's contents keep on changing depending on the context in which you are. The way they change are completely non-intuitive. Note that the concept of different types of Views for different type of Media is not necessarily a familiar one for new users.
  • Why is the Start menu neither in the bottom nor at the top?
  • There are different kinds of "items" in the left panel - which contains Audio, Images, Video etc. Some of them do not naturally belong with others. I see Audio, Images, Video, Documents belonging in 1 category, Podcasts, Playlists, Drives & Devices maybe another and the rest in another.
  • Removing Audio, Images and Video big buttons was a step backwards in user friendliness IMHO. Sure, the new menu structure is more uniform. But, it is uniform with other entries that are not really the same.
  • Why is one of the cool new feature buried inside a hierarchy of menus? I am referring to the 3D menu in Panes -> View As -> More -> 3D.

Just sharing my 2cents..

Osho

johnnyboy

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC14 menus - File, Edit, View etc..
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 04:14:02 am »

My biggest gripe with the menu's is the lack of icons and colours (right click menu). It is a lot slower to read text than to recognise an image quickly and select it.
I think where possible, the menu items should have icons next to them.
I know with firefox it was one of the best things about Crystal SVG addon.

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
Re: MC14 menus - File, Edit, View etc..
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 11:35:37 am »

+1

I agree that the current left hand navigation tree is not user friendly at all, especially for newbies. It looks very cluttered, monotone (boring), and not organized. MC13 looked better IMO...i.e. this is a step backwords.
Pages: [1]   Go Up