INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to keep Drives&Devices open at program start?  (Read 1484 times)

ranjan

• Recent member
How to keep Drives&Devices open at program start?
« on: August 08, 2009, 12:32:10 pm »

New user here doing my 1st ever music organizing, getting a hang of the features v14.

I have deep rooted directories of my music with artist collection/ year/composer etc & I want to let it be like that so my physical directories also remain organized.

I want that on program start the same directory should remain open which was on last exit, is it even possible, if so how do I do that?

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
Re: How to keep Drives&Devices open at program start?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 12:46:48 pm »

have you looked in tools/options/startup? the first option, i believe, is where you can select the option of where to startup. i think this is the default. i use last on exit, but you can select any of a number of choices.

ranjan

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 01:01:24 pm »

Thanks
that solved the problem, I need to look deep in to the options there are so many thing to look at.

EDITED
No it does not do what I need, as per your suggestion I changed option, no wit does open the drives&devices pane but does not open the explorer tree view of last directory, I still have to manually navigate to deep rooted directories.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 01:03:59 pm »

As steveklein said there is an option for what you asked:

Tools > Options > Startup > Stratup Interface > Location: Last Location

It's one of the features that is not available in MJ12 (regarding to your other thread).

However, the Drives and Devices tree branch might not be as nice to use than a library view that is set to show the folder structure (assuming you have imported the files to the database). MC provides many ways to configure library views.

Personally I use mainly the library views and only occasionally Drives and Devices for browsing unimported files.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

ranjan

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 01:15:02 pm »

May be I am not used to this software that why I am facing the problem in absence of tree view, how to play a specific track or an album, the only way I find is that you need to search for the track name/album name, what if I don't remember the exact name (I am quite forgetful)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 01:39:24 pm »

Don't get me wrong. It's fine to use the Drives and Devices section. It is there for purpose and if you find it useful there is no reason to avoid it. You can learn new exciting ways to use MC later.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up