INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customizing the default action of the "Play" popup menu item  (Read 1096 times)

RemyJ

• Citizen of the Universe

I've introduced a bunch of people to MJ over the past month and of course am now their level 1 tech support.  One of the common complaints I get is that selecting "Play" from the popup menu in the right window blows away the contents of "Playing Now" which were often carefully arranged.  Of course, I explain that they can always "Send To / Playing Now / Add (their choice)" or set the Drop Target to their liking but the response is always one of the following... "Yeah, but I (or my party guests) didn't know that.", "Yeah, but I always hit Play before I remember that.", "Too many mouse clicks to be convenient." or "Yeah, but the drop target isn't constant." or some other flimsy excuse.

So would it be possible to allow customization of the "Play" popup menu option exactly like the double-click customization?  I.E.  A dropdown in General Options with the same list items that will set the action of "Play".

In a future release it would be great to get fully customizable menus!

Remy
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
RE:Customizing the default action of the
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2002, 09:53:16 am »

When you right-click, "Add to Playing Now" is right below "Play", so it's the same number of clicks...

Or am I missing something?

Thanks Remy and sorry if I'm confused.

-Matt
JRiver, Inc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2002, 11:51:28 am »

(trying to get the reply count to increment...)

RemyJ

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2002, 11:59:04 am »

Your right Matt, but most people don't immediately associate "Play" with "Scrap everything currently in Playing Now and just play this one track".  I'm a 4 month veteran and I still occasionally click "Play" a millisecond before I remember what the consequences are.

The real problem is that it's already too easy to just hit "Play".

Remy
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2002, 12:12:24 pm »

But, imagine the confusion if somebody tells something to play, but then doesn't hear it because something else is playing.  That's confusing too, isn't it?

RemyJ

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2002, 12:23:47 pm »

Ah, not if the text of the menu item changes to whatever the mapped action is just like the text of the top menu item in "Send To" always shows the last "Sent to".
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce
Pages: [1]   Go Up