INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alphabetical listing of videos in Theater View  (Read 1239 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
Alphabetical listing of videos in Theater View
« on: July 26, 2009, 07:10:21 am »

Hi!

I've set up my Theater View to browse my videos by genre and removed all other items under Video in the Theater View setup. So it looks like this:

Video
   Genre

and nothing else under video. It works as expected, when I hit Video in Theater View, I get a screen with an icon and name for each genre. When I select a genre, I get a list of the videos under that genre. However, the videos are not listed alphabetically! How do I set it up so the videos are sorted however I want them to be sorted? Now it seems they are sorted after when I added them to the library...
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

rick.ca

Re: Alphabetical listing of videos in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 04:34:53 pm »

Select your "Genre" item in Theater View Options. On the right-hand side ("Details"), under the box in which you have added the Genre category, you should see a "Set rules for file display" button. (Caution: Depending how your items are nested, this button can also appear in higher level items where categories do not appear—this is not the one you want.) In the "Modify Results" section of the dialog this opens, select "Sort by" and add "Name (a-z)."

audunth

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 04:44:14 pm »

Thanks!! :)

Another question: can I make it sort different genres differently? For example the Movies genre alphabetically and the Sports genre by date?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

rick.ca

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 12:19:47 am »

Not in the same view, but it might make sense for you to have a separate view for sports videos. Then you can use appropriate sorting and categories for each of movies and sports. For example, you might want to group files by sport (i.e., football, baseball, etc.) and team (a list field that indicates both teams for each game). So your view for that would include in Rules for file display Genre=Sport, sorted by date, with categories Sport and Team. With sports excluded from the other view (Genre<>Sport), you're free to configure it in a way most appropriate for movies. That might include categories Genre, Year, MPAA rating and Rating, so you have a way of narrowing your selection of movies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up