INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 14 bug: tremote server jumps to Display View regardless of setting  (Read 1038 times)

Shiraz

• Recent member

I posted this bug in the MC14 thread for a previous build but there's been many builds since and it seems like a straightforward issue, so I suspect it never got picked up:

I have the setting "Jump on play (audio)" on both my client and the tremote server (where I have the sound playing) set to "none". Yet when I start the music via the client the server always goes into Display View.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

This is by design.

The logic is that tremote is used to control a fullscreen display.  Perhaps it should be made optional?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Shiraz

• Recent member

I see, thanks Matt.

Definitely think this should be optional.

In my case I use Airfoil to stream the audio from the server PC to different rooms in the house. To turn different speakers on or off requires being logged into the server via remote desktop (I wish there was client-side control for Airfoil). So when I open the remote desktop window I see Media Center taking up the full screen. Then need to hit escape, and since it's remote desktop it can take a while before I get to the Airfoil window. It sounds minor writing it here now but it's actually quite a knock.

Here's hoping. ... the setting is already there, so it wouldn't create complications for the users or UI work for the developers to implement this methinks. In fact, one would *expect* the existing setting to be respected. I certainly did. Do developers read these threads?

Peace

Pages: [1]   Go Up