INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tremote potential use case..  (Read 1223 times)

raldo

• Citizen of the Universe
Tremote potential use case..
« on: July 30, 2009, 02:28:16 pm »

I have a two monitor system, a big screen (46") and a small monitor both connected to the same pc. The small monitor is located by the couch.
o I use theaterview with a remote on the bigscreen.
o I'll use the small monitor to tag and organize.
o To alternate between these modes of use I switch between Theater and standard view.
o Previously, I used detached view, but I changed use because of the improvements in theater view.

-------------
So, I think it would have been nice to to be able to run two instances of MC on the same PC. The first instance in standard view and the second instance in theater view.

The Theater view instance would then be controlled by the standard view instance. The remote control would control the theater view version.

I can see other uses for this, for instance if you have a small display on the PC in addition to the big screen.

Shiraz

• Recent member
Re: Tremote potential use case..
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 04:17:04 pm »

there's a setting in MC14 (and previous versions too I believe) to allow multiple instances of Media Center.

raldo

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 05:02:58 pm »

there's a setting in MC14 (and previous versions too I believe) to allow multiple instances of Media Center.

Yes, I should have mentioned in my post that you cannot, as far as I see, run one instance as server and the other instance as a client.

I guess that's the main thing stopping the above mentioned use case.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 07:13:23 pm »

in that case you wouldn't need to since there both on the same machine.  are we missing something here?
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball
Pages: [1]   Go Up