INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVDIdle - Question for MrHaugen / other users  (Read 1343 times)

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
DVDIdle - Question for MrHaugen / other users
« on: June 23, 2009, 10:32:56 am »

Mr Haugen you've mentioned on a couple of occasions you use DVDIdle pro, for two reasons, one is the region side of things which I'm not so bothered about, and two it allows you to skip commercials.

I'm interested in the commercials bit.  However I'm not sure does it work with DVD Rips (VOB) as well as actual disks?
It's frustrating that WMP seems to be able to skip them regardless using the same filters as MC, but MC seems not to be able to!

Daydream

Re: DVDIdle - Question for MrHaugen / other users
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 04:38:57 pm »

Nothing works with VOBs alone, the skipping of commercials and the likes it's possible if you also have the ifo files. So I hope when you say DVD rips you have all files ripped off a DVD.

The bottom line logic is this (simplified): a player always goes for the video_ts.ifo and from there either 1) obeys the indicated navigation, jump points, conditions, state of variables inside the DVD player VM machine or, b) jumps to Main Title and starts playing. There needs to be a piece of code in place to kill the "runaround" and force the player to go for the Main Title. it's more than just having the right filters in place to recognize the navigational structure. It needs to adjust the navigation path. If MC doesn't have the option (can't say, never ripped whole discs) then you have to have the likes of AnyDVD, DVD Idle Pro (if like you're saying it does that) and so on, running in the background, adjusting things on the fly.

MrHaugen

Re: DVDIdle - Question for MrHaugen / other users
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 02:20:38 am »

I've been on a holiday and did not see this post until now. But I think Daydream described it well :)
I only have image files of the DVD's now, so all that irritating stuff is skipped for me.
Don't know how to handle it without the original DVD file structure. Sorry.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up