INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Searching AMG  (Read 1063 times)

Tinitus

Searching AMG
« on: July 10, 2002, 08:28:43 pm »

This is not exactly a MJ question but I was hoping somebody would take the time to help me.

I’m building a small movie database and I want to ad a link that searches the AMG database for a specific director or movie.

I have no problem copying and pasting the direct link into my document but I don’t think this is the best way since the direct link might change in the future.

So - I was hoping somebody here knows how to search the AMG database trough a string of html or maybe something similar.

Anybody...?

Tinitus

RE:Searching AMG
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2002, 08:30:04 am »

Anybody...? (bump)

Tinitus

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2002, 12:10:50 pm »

Nobody...? (bumping)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2002, 12:21:01 pm »

>> I was hoping somebody here knows how to search the AMG
>> database trough a string of html or maybe something similar
did you contact AMG?
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Tinitus

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2002, 12:34:31 pm »

>>did you contact AMG?
Well no - I just checked theire site and couldnt find anything on the subject.
Then i thought since MJ is capable of doing this maybe somebody around here could help me with my little prob
(thanks for listening)

gvag

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2002, 09:51:45 am »

I have no problem copying and pasting the direct link into my document but I don’t think this is the best way since the direct link might change in the future.

I wrote a little program that searches AMG and display the results in a local page, but if AMG ever changes the search form the program would have to be modified accordingly.  Plus, if the search returns more than one result you're hooped.  So your concern about changes to AMG's site would still hold.

My wife is a movie junkie and was not very happy with this, so I kludged together another program for her that starts up IE Explorer and runs the search for her.  It's a kludge because it just sends keystrokes into IE to run the search, something that real programmers would never do.

You welcome to either one, email me and I'll send them to you.

gvag@shaw.ca
Pages: [1]   Go Up