INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The image file field & MyMovies import  (Read 1406 times)

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
The image file field & MyMovies import
« on: August 03, 2009, 05:09:26 pm »

I'm now in the process of using the new MyMovies import plugin to add a decent level of detail to my film collection.
Slightly unfortunately, I've been assigning my own custom coverart for a long time now, which I wish to keep intact.
My first thought was a simple Move/ Copy fields operation, once before and once after, but it won't let me copy to the Image File field :(

Anyone have a decent solution please? :)

-Leezer-

Lasse_Lus

Re: The image file field & MyMovies import
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 05:30:28 am »

if i understand you correctly, you want to temporary move your imagefiledata while you enter the MyMovies data which write its own imagefile..and then put the original imagefile back.

i guess this should work

before you start the massimport of mymoviesdata, export your movies to an .mpl file

create a temporary library import the mpl file, and remove the data that may overrun your data from mymovies, like artist, album etc..so when you (again) export your movies from the temporary db, you will have a much smaller mpl file.

something like this

<Item>
<Field Name="Filename">D:\movie.avi</Field>
<Field Name="Image file">BBC World C.jpg</Field>
<Field Name="Date Created">1246786043</Field>
<Field Name="Date Modified">1246802042</Field>
<Field Name="Date Imported">1247774457</Field>
</Item>

now run the mymovies data batch and after that import your mpl file into your main library, and your imagefile will be your original..

another way to do it if you dont like the temporary library idea, is to export to mpl and than search and replace your fields for example album to albumx so it will not overrun your data from mymovies

if you use sidecars files you better disable it first. and this should only be done with files that dont write tags to the actual file.

and please do some tests first and remember to backup

kingsparta had/has a plugin for this "replace master" that could copy and move restricted fields but i cant get it to work  :'(

ps.you dont have to create a temporary db for this, you can remove the tags in your main library and then export..the reason i suggest this is only caause i dont want you to mess things up with your original data  :)

MT5FR

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
Re: The image file field & MyMovies import
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 05:01:19 pm »

Cheers, that worked nicely. Horrendous pain in the neck though :(

Would be nice if MC gave me the choice of which fields I wanted to import (Hint, hint ;) )

-Leezer-
Pages: [1]   Go Up