INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater view sorting question  (Read 1123 times)

BonkLord

• Recent member
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.
Theater view sorting question
« on: August 10, 2009, 02:22:37 am »

Hey, just wanted to find out how to sort my albums in theater view... Was never really a theater view user, but will all the new additions, i thought i'll give it a shot...  ;D

Basically i want to organize it like i have it in standard view, where the Artists are sorted by A-Z, and then the albums are sorted by the year they were released... And i also have the year in brackets under the album name. Is it possible to do this in theater view?

Any help will be greatly appreciated... :)
Follow Me On : Twitter | YouTube

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theater view sorting question
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 07:57:33 am »

Take a look at Tools -> Options -> Theater View and Items to Show.

Here you will find the View "schemes" that's shown in Theater View. If you select Artist under Audio, you get a list with Album Artist (auto) and Album. You can edit the Album object and select the field "Year - Album". This will give you what you want, only the year and the Album Name is switched.

If you absolutely have to have Album Name [Year], then I think you have to make an expression to bind Album Name and [Year]. I have not done this so I will not and can not go further into it.

Remember that you can also set the Caption under Options, Theater View and Advanced so you get the exact text you want for each fil, but it will not be reflected on the album level. Only the details.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

BonkLord

• Recent member
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.
Re: Theater view sorting question
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 10:33:33 pm »

thanks mate... works fine now...  :D
Follow Me On : Twitter | YouTube
Pages: [1]   Go Up