INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mood & Situation Fields  (Read 1454 times)

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
Mood & Situation Fields
« on: August 10, 2009, 09:27:00 am »

I've come across this before, but it seemed to disappear for a while.
I have changed the field types of the default fields "Mood" and "Situation" from String to List (semi-colon delimited). This works fine. When I run auto-import though, the fields reset themselves to a String type again.

Is this purposeful or a bug? I'd just like to know so that I can go ahead and make a custom field for each of these if it's by design to allow for proper import, or something to that effect. I'd prefer to use the default fields if it's something that should be fixed though.

Thanks,
JB

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Mood & Situation Fields
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 08:00:45 am »

I noticed the same a while ago and posted it without reaction. The thing is I used both fields before MC added them. As the native fields in MC are of type 'text' they seem to be reset with every new import. Before JRiver added these fields as standard fields everything ran fine. I meanwhile copied the fields to new ones...

Of course, it would be best if the list delimited type would be allowed for those fields.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Mood & Situation Fields
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 02:56:17 am »

If you have a list of moods, who in their right mind would have it in straight forward text format anyway? Wouldn't that we a bit awkward? How to separate it? Semi colon or something?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up