INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: panes for directories?  (Read 1097 times)

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
panes for directories?
« on: September 21, 2009, 08:28:41 pm »

hey all —

i'm new to panes, mostly because i've never had a need to use them. i'm trying to understand something...

what i am trying to do is use an iTunes library on another computer in MC. i don't need syncing or ratings or whatever, i just want to have the other computer's music accessible in MC. so i have imported that music in the standard File -> Import process (i may go back and add the other computer's iTunes folder as a watched folder at a later date if i like the way this works). i created a second pane, and i clicked on the tab to access Customize View -> Options -> Advanced -> Set Rules for File Display. i have set that pane to only show files where the path contains "itunes", and, in my original tab, made the settings inversed (i.e. don't show files with path "itunes"). here's where the problem comes into play: whichever setting is most recently made in that filter applies to both panes.

i think what i am trying to accomplish is something suited for view schemes, but i don't know how view schemes work (and i haven't been able to figure out how to assign filters to view schemes).

my other option is to create a different library, and import the itunes files into that library, but i don't want to switch libraries when i want to play the files on the other computer. i'd just run MC on both computers and use library server, but the new computer is a mac, so no go. ;)

thanks everyone for your thoughts...
micah

EDIT: i did search for this question, btw, because i'm sure it's been tackled before, but i couldn't figure out exactly what to search for.
Pages: [1]   Go Up