INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How MC applies a file info changes with the sync?  (Read 1906 times)

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
How MC applies a file info changes with the sync?
« on: July 18, 2009, 06:00:43 am »

please help

with MC13 and and earlier versions I always use "update tags when file info changes" for audio files, and all database change immediately write to file tags (all custom tags have "Store in file tags" enabled).Loose change in the tags for * hours of hard work after the collapse of MC upset, and I chose this way.

Now, with new client-server mode, MC server do not write changes from clients in file tags, write only in library, ignoring the setting "update tags when file info changes". Well, it's not a problem, we will keep actual information only in the database. But the problem is - when you synchronize with the player type "folder"), information about the changes but not saved in the file tags are not updated. This creates even greater problems synchronizing with my main "portable" player - car computer with MC..

screenshots:

sync with temp folder
check tags in mp3tag

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
Re: How MC applies a file info changes with the sync?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 08:59:41 am »

still in latest build

please, any comments.. may be I am doing something wrong?

And very interesting content Database.mpl - there are all the necessary information to synchronize the ratings, add a plays count - and all the basic needs of sync with the portable MC-based device on will be fulfilled! but I did not find any information about Database.mpl on forum, as well as options for incorporating the latest tag updates of synchronized files. Interestingly, this will be finalized in the near future?

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 03:40:06 pm »

And I use custom list type tag "ipod" with five values (some family handhelds) - and this tag information not sync with Library Sync, if i change this from client.
As result, my wife cannot sync its ipod with library ((, after update library from server - tag empty and needed all do again.

thanks for any solution

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 04:01:51 pm »

I wonder, do you need to set the "Resync if date modified has changed option"?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 04:47:53 pm »

I wonder, do you need to set the "Resync if date modified has changed option"?

I set this, that nothing has changed. If I change rating from client (and sync this changes with server), MC not see this like modified action. And not write changes from library in sync files tag anyway.

I try do it again with latest .50 build, and library sync not worked and for ratings fields too. I clear rating 10 files on client, sync library (and have 2 times message "Reload library" from server, but don't have any activity on server side - well, I did sync with a third attempt) - and ratings no changes on server side. I check this few time..

Marquis

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 10:24:44 am »

I'm having the same problem, but with all fields (not only ratings), e.g. genre, artist, name, etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up