INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to put related artists/albums in a group?  (Read 959 times)

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!
How to put related artists/albums in a group?
« on: August 19, 2009, 10:34:44 am »

Besides actually introducing some kind of tag to certain albums, is there a easy way to group certain artists/albums?

For example I am a big fan of the group Yes, I have all their studio albums and many of the groups individual artists albums, like those from Jon Anderson, Billy Sherwood's group Circa, Wakeman's albums etc., Is there a way where I can group together all of the these artists or albums and with one click of a button or smartlist or something else have them all come up as a group?

thanx
TC

joh

• World Citizen
Re: How to put related artists/albums in a group?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 02:47:24 pm »

There are of course numerous approaches to this - one way or another you will have to tell MC that you consider these artists one of the same 'artist group'.

The very simple approach that I have used is to create a smartlist 'artist_family' where you select everything where [artist] is Yes; Rick Wakeman; ... (I use this approach to keep track of all my music by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young or any combination of these gents and Buffalo Springfield - seems similar to what you want to do).

If you want to have graphical navigation possibilities you could do the same by using views.

Good luck /Olle
Pages: [1]   Go Up