INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP Studio - DFX  (Read 1345 times)

Rachel

DSP Studio - DFX
« on: July 09, 2002, 02:38:01 pm »

I just bought the DFX plug-in a couple days ago... but it was when the trial version of media jukebox was still running. Yesterday when i opened the media jukebox program, it wouldn't let me change the DFX settings because it says i need an 8 digit registration code. I paid 19.99 for the plug-in and im not wasting it on only a couple days. Is there any way that they can give me my money back or something that will make the settings work again? Please help!!!

Rachel

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:DSP Studio - DFX
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2002, 04:23:55 pm »

Does Media Jukebox ask for the code or DFX? They are different entities.
If you bought it, they should have sent a code number.
Check your E-mail.
See if it will run in WinAmp. If not, reinstall DFX. If that fails, contact DFX. Power Technology is the company. http://www.fxsound.com/
That's right.
I'm cool.

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2002, 04:43:10 pm »

Hi Rachel

Did you buy DFX for MediaJukebox? they have different licences for each jukebox (or you buy a power pack to get alll of them) ? Anyway as CVIII mentioned, you should talk with DFX to solve this issue.

BTW MJ has it's own native DSP that is included in the price of the MJ licence (and that is just as good as the DFX pluging)

Claudio

Shotgun2

• World Citizen
  • Health problems prevent almost all activity.Manufacturing Engineer, Ret.Living
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2002, 02:14:33 am »

I believe that MJ DSP is superior to DFX DSP.
Really.[/center]

sg2

Dave

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2002, 03:05:43 pm »

Shotgun,
I use the DFX plugin.
Can you let me know why you think MJ's DSP is superior to DFX?
Just curious. Convince me.

Thanks

Shotgun2

• World Citizen
  • Health problems prevent almost all activity.Manufacturing Engineer, Ret.Living
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2002, 05:45:49 pm »

Hello Dave

More of a personal hearing quirk I guess. Really no big deal to many I suppose.

Seems to have a cleaner sound to the high frequencies and a greater separation between highs and lows seem to be more pronounced.

But, understand, sounds sound different because of many - many- variables. So many in fact that I will address only a few.

1> Listening area acoustics. Being very critical, add or remove a big plush sofa - changes area acoustics therefore the sound.

2> The sound card being used. Change it and you will probably experience a different, not especially a better or worse sound - but you percieve there is a difference therefore you judge that one is good and the other bad. This may not in fact be true (based on someone elses sound preferrence. Get the idea?

3> Speaker System - Are you using the computer single speaker or an elaborate digital surround system. I'm sure you will agree that there will be a difference. I use Creative 6 speaker (including sub woofer) digital surround sound speakers that I can't drive to distortion unless you crank it really high then it becomes unbearably loud and hurts my ears.

There isn't anything really wrong with DFX DSP. I have used it on/off for several years for many hours of listening enjoyment and it's still on my computer ready for use depending on my personal taste at any given moment. Yep - women do not have the exclusive right to change their mind ever now and then just to keep people on their toes or whatever.

Hope that this helps in some small way.

Later - sg2

Rachel

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2002, 10:58:06 pm »

I did buy the DFX plug in for MJ... however, I did not purchase MJ before I bought the plug-in... I just had the trial version... I had no idea that if I bought MJ first that it would have DSP just as good as the DFX plug-in. Ugh... too confusing for me... lol. thanks for your help Claudio.

Rachel

Dave

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2002, 03:01:10 pm »

Thanks Shotgun.
Never tried MJ's DSP. Know I'll give it a listen.

Wile

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2002, 03:13:51 pm »

Rachel,

Do you like MJ? I am assuming you must if you were willing to buy a plugin for it.

My suggestion: Buy MJ. It really is a fabulous program, and you should be able to use your DFX plugin again.

Just my two cents...
Pages: [1]   Go Up