INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 8.0.321 available  (Read 1270 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Jukebox 8.0.321 available
« on: July 09, 2002, 01:41:27 pm »

Media Jukebox 8.0.321 is available for download:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox80321.exe

History:
1. Fixed: File properties saving progress window would disapear.
2. NEW: CD labeler added "SlimLine" choices for plain paper media to handle slimline CD cases.
3. NEW: CD labeler added pre-printed label stock Fellowes Slimline jewel case inserts.
4. NEW: CD labeler added option to print track list on front cover of jewel case (including slimline cases)
5. Changed: TV Tuner gives user an option to continue recording when it is impossible to display video on screen while recording (this happens when recording is attempted at 640X480 video size for some TV cards, such as Hauppauge WinTV and ATI TV Wonder VE).

Scronch

RE:Media Jukebox 8.0.321 available
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2002, 03:06:17 pm »

MJ8.0.320 (I'm sorry--I don't have time to go to 321 right now, but I don't see this fix in your list.)

Not sure if this is a "bug".  When I click on a menu item, like File or Edit or View or Player, the menu pops up.  If I leave my mouse on the menu item (i.e. File or Edit or View or Player) and click again, the menu should go away, right?  It doesn't.  I have to move my mouse to a "safe" area, like the top window bar, and click to clear the menu.  Hitting Esc does clear the menu, so I would think that's the desired behavior.  Just a minor annoyance.

Scronch

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2002, 03:46:17 pm »

Slim Line CD Case Labels Needs A Bit More Work.

Slimline:
A Bit To Large For The Standard Incert (maybe 3\4 - 1 inch to big)

SlimLine With Fold Over:
Might be ok but will not fit into the case, or on one standard page
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Luigi1943

• World Citizen
  • I'd rather be sailing
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2002, 09:19:19 pm »

This post applies to b320, I don't know about b321 yet.

Everytime I return to the playing now window the list in the right window starts from the beginning, instead of centering on the currently playing track as in the previous builds. It's a little annoying.  I hope it's not a design change, but only a minor bug!
I'm using no skins.
Luigi
Luigi1943

elgibby

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2002, 09:58:24 pm »

1. Fixed: File properties saving progress window would disapear.

Big improvement. The gathering data and saving data windows still do not show progress (they begin at 1 -- or even 2 or 3 -- of 14, for example, but do not show progress), but at least the saving data window doesn't close until the data are, in fact, saved.
Thx, JRiver

Chico

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2002, 04:21:07 am »

I agree with Scronch.  When you click on the menu bar a second time, the menu should disapear.  It just keeps popping up every time you click it.  Not a major bug, just a little annoyance.

JohnT

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2002, 04:58:28 am »

Slim Line CD Case Labels Needs A Bit More Work.
Slimline:
A Bit To Large For The Standard Incert (maybe 3\4 - 1 inch to big)
SlimLine With Fold Over:
Might be ok but will not fit into the case, or on one standard page

Hopefully there's just one slimline format. MJ's slimline printout fits fine in the cases that I have. Take a look at the template on this web page:
http://www.discgraphics.com/cst/jpg/9006.htm
This should be close to the size you're getting on the printer and should fit into the case if the left-hand tab is folded over to display the 1/8" spine against the left edge of the case. You have to cut that left-hand tab a little narrower (along the dotted line) to fit between the hinges of the case.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

ZRocker

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2002, 05:48:41 am »

Bugs that make MJ crash (related to Nex II handheld updating):
1. If you have MP3s in the update queue for a handheld, when you go to delete an empty directory (prior to do an update...my test) MJ will crash when you click Delete Folder.  May just be a general bug the MJ crashes whenever you attempt to delete a folder on a handheld device (connected via USB).

2. If you add a track to a handheld's update queue and that track is currently playing, when you select the handheld's node in the Org Tree MJ always displays a 'sharing violation' error.  MJ does not crash, but the constant error popup is annoying.  I did not try doing an Update (to the handheld) of the playing track...I assume it will get the same error.

3. When updating a handheld (coping files to the device), if you click on the Playing Now node while the update is in progress MJ will always crash.

Request:
Where's the Update Order option for handheld update queues?  Seems like you should be able to build the update list and sort via column headers and choose 'Update Order' from a right-click menu (like MJ has everywhere else).

Steve

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2002, 06:43:13 am »

Zrocker,

1. If you have MP3s in the update queue for a handheld, when you go to delete an empty directory...

I cannot duplicate this. This appears to work fine can you give me any more details?

2. If you add a track to a handheld's update queue and that track is currently playing...

This will be fixed in the next MJ build.

3. When updating a handheld (coping files to the device...

This is fixed in Portable Device Plug-in v 3.0.15.

Request...

I address this in the following thread..

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/interact/NeoBoard.pl?Action=ShowPost&Board=inter&Post=11927&BoardIdle=7&SortingBy=0&BoardOrder=Descend&Page=0&UserSession=

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2002, 06:45:34 am »

JohnT

Tried Again

Settings:

Media: Plain Paper, Slimline
Theme: Default
[X] Print Jewel Case Back Cover

This Prints, But the size of the Label Is the Same Size Of The Whole Case.

MJ Is Printing: 5" & 7\8's Wide By 4" & 11\16ths
Should Be: 4" & 11\16ths By 4" & 11\16ths, and this is the size label that is shiped with the CD's
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

ZRocker

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2002, 06:54:53 am »

Steve,

Request...

I address this in the following thread..

The missing Update Order option (after sorting via a column header click) is not addressed in that thread.  Will it be possible to add that right-click menu option or is drag-n-drop rearranging the only support?  MJ supports an Update Order option everywhere else (that I can see).

Also, on the Delete Folder problem...I tested it a few more times and MJ did not crash...oh well.  If I see it again and can recreate 'at will', I'll let you know...thanks!

JohnT

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2002, 07:03:11 am »

Media: Plain Paper, Slimline
Theme: Default
[X] Print Jewel Case Back Cover

This Prints, But the size of the Label Is the Same Size Of The Whole Case.

Ok, I thought you were talking about the front cover printout. The back cover is for printing double sided on the same paper as the front cover. This is for the case where you want to put a picture and the title on the front, and a track list on the back of the same piece of paper. You print the front cover, flip the paper in the printer and print the back cover. They should line up. You're right that the back cover area was too large, I've reduced it to 4.75X4.75.

Does the front cover printout work for you?
[X] Print Jewel Case Front Cover

Or maybe you just want a 4.75x4.75 piece of paper to slip into the slimline case. Then you can just pick the "Generic" and print the front cover. It now allows you to include the track list on the front.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Marty3d

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2002, 08:59:04 am »

Argh! (<- Found an irritating bug)

In 'playing now', when you play a new song (shuffle on, sorted by Artist - Album - Track - Name), the list doesn't follow anymore. Noticed this phenomena in 8.0.320

Otherwise, an excellent product as always!

Pages: [1]   Go Up