INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request  (Read 896 times)

juddshanker

Feature Request
« on: July 14, 2009, 02:29:25 pm »

Making Smartlists is part of my library management routines. I would like to be able to select tracks based on at what compression level the track was recorded.
On the ripping side I would love to see a way I could specify that I want a lossless track and a lossy output to separate libraries.

As long as I am asking, a method to keep two libraries in sync is probably asking too much, but if there is a way to 'watch' the lossless library and automatically record a lossy version in another library in the current system, someone please let me know. I have in excess of 30,000 tracks and I am trying, once again, to clean it up, eliminate duplicates, select the highest quality and anything else new tools make possible to improve access to and enjoyment of my collection.

Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Feature Request
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 02:48:55 pm »

Have you considered using stacks to nicely keep a lossless and lossy version of the same file?  This is our recommended approach, and takes care of the synchronization issues you're describing.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ruze

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Feature Request
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 06:01:57 pm »

There's also setting up a "handheld sync" using some form of folder based access to the lossy subset.  The folder appears as a "handheld" and you can specify the lossy conversion for the sync.
Pages: [1]   Go Up