INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: smartlist help - missing files  (Read 981 times)

galahad1974

• World Citizen
smartlist help - missing files
« on: August 31, 2009, 01:39:17 am »

Because of the way I store my offline files, i have to turn off the "fix broken links" option. This leave a number of files in my data base that at most times aren't actually on my system, unless i have that particular drive plugged in. Is there a way to have a smartlist display all files that are currently missing, or not found (broken links)?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: smartlist help - missing files
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 02:02:27 am »

If you use the "Fix broken links (preserve network files)" option, files on unplugged external drives will not be removed from the library.

To answer your question, you can list the unavailable files using the following smartlist rule: [=ismissing([filename])]=1 (this can be a slow list to load as every file in the library must be checked in turn)

You may also find something useful in this earlier thread in the MJ12 forum, where a similar situation was discussed:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=49872.msg341457#msg341457

-marko.

galahad1974

• World Citizen
Re: smartlist help - missing files
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 02:17:37 am »

the protect network files option doesn't work if multiple of the removable drives have the same letter AND don't show as removable drives. I have  number if 1.5 terrabyte hard drive i connect to an esata dock for backup. they all show up as fixed discs to the system and have the same letter, so mc simply thinks ive deleted the files on the other volumes...unfortunately.
Thanks for the smartlist help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up