INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Incorrect library tags  (Read 1611 times)

DopeyJones

• Junior Woodchuck
Incorrect library tags
« on: August 23, 2009, 10:03:50 am »

When I browse through the library with all the music files I've imported into MJ so far, I can see the player enlists a whole lot of genres I haven't even got written in the actual file tags.
Genres such as "Art", "dark ambient", "Desconocido" (although these have "Ambient" or "Punk" written in their ID3 tag, in the files attributes)

It also displays completely wrong album titles.
I.e. the RE5 soundtrack, named "Game Soundtrack - Resident Evil 5 Disc 1" in the file tag, is listed as "Biohazard 5". As if Media Jukebox acquires the original tag description for the files.

Is this some kind of automatic tag update I haven't turned off, or is this somewhat of a "hidden" tag I should clear out?
If it's anything to do with It's very messy as it is now.

DopeyJones

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Incorrect library tags
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 04:16:51 am »

A little update:

It doesn't seem to be updates from the internet causing these incorrect tag informations. It's more like MJ recovers the original tags from the files?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 04:33:02 am »

I think the physical file tags are the only possibility. MJ has a tool for trying to find tags from the online database, but it can usually find only some of the files (The lookup is based on fingerprinting technology and can return data only if someone has submitted tags from a file that has the same fingerprint) and more importantly, it doesn't run automatically.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

DopeyJones

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 06:36:53 am »

I think the physical file tags are the only possibility.

I can relate to that. When I looked through a bunch of files I found a lot of totally underground tracks, made by upcoming producers, that had another
It just doesn't make much sense, since the physical file tags are defined otherwise. Maybe MJ looks too deep into the file and ends up finding old tag remains.

MJ has a tool for trying to find tags from the online database, but (...) it doesn't run automatically.
I'm very glad with that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up