INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Proxy setup  (Read 1409 times)

Chad Mercer

Proxy setup
« on: July 09, 2002, 12:49:20 pm »

I can't get 8.0.320 to download anything through my proxy server at work.  If I could, I'd replace my MusicMatch Jukebox in a second!

As it is, I can view the 'Find CD' and 'Artist Info' links just fine--it pulls the settings in from Internet Explorer.  However, when I 'Check for Updates', it bombs out.

How can I set up a proxy server manually?  (I'd appreciate an email response, as I can't check websites as much from work...)

TIA...

|PLS||PLS|Chad;
cmercer@cessna.textron.com

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Proxy setup
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2002, 05:40:14 pm »

Does IE work if you go to our plug-ins page and try to download a couple of plug-ins?

If so, then the proxy settings are correct and MJ should work.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Chad Mercer

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2002, 04:34:19 am »

No, IE can't download the plugins.

I have to authenticate with our proxy server, so it isn't a raw proxy...That seems to make a difference in a lot of software...

My settings are hard-coded in IE, though--they are NOT auto-detected...

|PLS||PLS|Chad;

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2002, 05:20:39 am »

If IE won't work, then MJ won't work.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Chad Mercer

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2002, 05:53:43 am »

IE can download all other files just fine, however.  Since IE tries to pass those Media Jukebox plugins to Media Jukebox, it's Media Jukebox that can't connect.

I'm just trying to figure out where the Media Jukebox proxy settings are so I can manually tweak them.  Nothing in INI files, nothing in the registry...

Anybody from tech support know anything about this?

|PLS||PLS|Chad;

Raymond

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2002, 06:31:26 am »

Hi Chad,
    MJ uses the IE proxy setting for connection. If IE's "Use a proxy server.." is checked (under LAN Settings), MJ will read the Address and Port entered below that check option (or the Address and Port under HTTP/FTP in the Advanced setting).  Those values are in the registry (Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\). MJ supports proxy authentication (407).  MJ doesn't have its own manual proxy setting. btw, what OS are you running?

Ray

Chad Mercer

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2002, 06:40:43 am »

I'm running Windows 2000SP2 and IE6.

I've got the proxy stuff set up correctly in IE.  However, I'm guessing that MJ is not handling the authentication appropriately.  (I have to login to my proxy server.)

Thoughts?

|PLS||PLS|Chad;

Raymond

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2002, 06:47:22 am »

Did an authentication login dialog ever shows up from MJ? Do you know what kind of authentication your proxy has? We support Basic and NTLM.

Ray

Chad Mercer

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2002, 06:51:35 am »

I don't ever get a confirmation dialog.  I just click on the download link, it fires up the Downloading dialog with the name of the plugin, and the Status of "Connecting..." and then I get a popup titled "MJReader" that says "Failed to connect to a server."

I'm not sure what flavor of authentication our proxy uses.  I think it's a Netscape proxy server...All I know is that I have to type in a userid and password...

|PLS||PLS|Chad;
Pages: [1]   Go Up