INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anyone integrated a Disc Stacker with MC?  (Read 2023 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Has anyone integrated a Disc Stacker with MC?
« on: November 13, 2009, 04:35:27 pm »

I've got 100's of Blu-ray / HD-DVD disc (many of which are infrequently viewed) and due to the number it's getting harder to organise, know what you have etc (and at up to 50GB ea they are not all worth the expense of putting them all onto the server)......so

Just an idea.....Has anyone had a go at integrated these sort of Disk Stacker units into MC's Theater View?  What I'm thinking is that you see you Movie Info in TheaterView as normal (as tagged up by many good utils here) but when you press "Play" it instead find the correct disk from the Stacker (without using the Stacker SW) so you can then put it into your PC's Drive.

Thanks
Nathan

JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: Has anyone integrated a Disc Stacker with MC?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 04:46:18 pm »

I asked about this years ago for DVDs! Here's hoping that some progress has been made....
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Re: Has anyone integrated a Disc Stacker with MC?
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 06:42:17 pm »

I've gone to hdd based. but i use to use sony ES 400 Disc dvd changers that i had daisy chained (3 Of them), and then had an extron switcher hooked up to a pc and those plugged into the dvd changers and i used cinemars dvd lobby to control all the dvd's. it would chose disc location, player etc.. they also have\had plugins to work with jriver for dvd and music. but it's been years since i've been over there.. so not sure if they still support it or support blueray\HDdvd.. but may be worth a look if thats the way you want to go...

Reason i switched over was the money i had invested in the ES changers and the extron switcher, cables, etc... It behooved me to go hard drive based (Price of HDD's went down considerably), and after being down that road I'm glad i switched. and would never go back.. Personally i could\can do a lot more customizing PC based. and the files are there Instantly.

Anywho.. check it out... lots to read about over there too about HTPC stuff. (Forums)

Hope this Helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up