INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature change request: Don't suggest (delete empty folder) if...  (Read 908 times)

chriswale

• World Citizen

When moving files using (Rename, Move, Copy Files) I am prompted to delete the empty folders. This is fine. However, if the only empty folder is a folder in the auto import list (i.e. Music (New)) then I would prefer that this did not prompt me to delete this particular folder, as it is in the auto import list.

Example:

Auto import folders:

• /Music/
  • /Music (New)/

When moving files from (Music (New)) to (Music) I do not want to delete the folder (Music (New)).
However, if there are empty sub folders within (Music (New)) I do want to delete these.

Basically, the empty folder delete prompt should not prompt the user for empty folders that are already in the auto import list.
I hope this makes sense, I am in a hurry.

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Feature change request: Don't suggest (delete empty folder) if...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 08:48:26 am »

As a work around you could just create a .txt file (or a .zzz file, whatever) so that the folder won't be empty when you move your media out of it.

chriswale

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 10:08:23 am »

Excellent suggestion!!!

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 12:39:13 pm »

You can even hide it so it doesn't clutter the folder up--assuming you have hidden files and folders visually hidden in your settings.

But truthfully, I think this is a good suggestion anyway.  Check the folder: (isEmpty & notAutoImport) before popup.
Pages: [1]   Go Up