INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows File Icon & Context Menus  (Read 922 times)

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
Windows File Icon & Context Menus
« on: June 29, 2009, 05:02:09 pm »

With v14, I'd like to see the major file types that are associated w/ Media Center (audio, video, pictures, data,...) have different icons throughout windows that show the appropriate category.

This could be done by having a music note, picture frame, etc in a top corner of a file icon and the MC logo on a bottom corner, for instance. This will help in quickly determining a file's media type at a glance.

Also, it would be nice to have the MC context menu in Windows reflect appropriate commands for each file type. For instance, "Edit" in the context menu for an image would load up the MC image editor, and not the audio editor that it currently defaults to with an error.

Thanks for your awesome product!

taklamakan

• Recent member
Re: Windows File Icon & Context Menus
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 10:12:36 pm »

I sure did enjoy the red icon of Jukebox.  Now that I'm using MC, it's got a blue icon similar to a few other apps I use.  I keep looking down for that red icon when I want to switch back to MC.  The red icon was a shining beacon of the happiness that is MJ/MC.  Wish I could have the red icon with the benefits of MC.

It's a small thing, I know.

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
Re: Windows File Icon & Context Menus
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 11:37:58 pm »

*Bump*

Any comments to my 2 points above (including the 'edit' context menu command bug)?
Pages: [1]   Go Up