Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Macro  (Read 1099 times)

davemccorkle

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Macro
« on: August 25, 2009, 11:48:33 am »

How can I make a macro of commands or some other option to copy fields with a click of a button?  For instance, I keep my "Band", "Artist", "Artist Album" all the same so it would be cool to be able to click a macro to copy those fields all at one time.  Is it passible?

Thanks

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Macro
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 06:08:08 am »

How can I make a macro of commands or some other option to copy fields with a click of a button?  For instance, I keep my "Band", "Artist", "Artist Album" all the same so it would be cool to be able to click a macro to copy those fields all at one time.  Is it passible?

Its not possible to make a macro within MC but if you created a smartlist to display all files where "Band", "Artist Album" were either empty or differed in comparison to a [Artist] then you could populate the empty fields with an expression.

Say you have a smartlist that checked whether the [Band] or [Album Artist] fields were different to [Artist].

Then all you would do is select all the files displayed and for the top item edit the [Band] field and then just type =[Artist], this would automatically copy over from the [Artist] field for all selected files.

Otherwise a free utility called Autohotkey could achieve the same in a macro fashion. One press of a button on the taskbar would call the smartlist, open up the fields editor and copy over the desired fields. But that would require you to make a autohotkey script.

Try it the manual way first and see whether it gets the job done :)

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Macro
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 02:53:13 pm »

dave, with confishy's autotagger superduper plugin you can accomplish this with a mouseclick  :)
MT5FR
Pages: [1]   Go Up