INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ wont start  (Read 691 times)

nila

MJ wont start
« on: July 09, 2002, 02:31:11 am »

Hiya,
MJ is suddenly refusing to start now.
If I try and start it it starts to open and appears in the system tray but jams and will never open.
I'm about to uninstall it fully and reinstall it as this will probably sort it out but I like all my settings and library EXACTLY how they are now.
Can Matt or one of the guys who knows specifically tell me EXACTLY which files I need to save before I install so I can get all the settings and library back when I reinstall.

Thanks

nila

RE:MJ wont start
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2002, 01:32:51 pm »

Bounce - someone please answer!

Gatobrit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2002, 01:37:43 pm »

Hi - pretty much everything in the data directory and below is needed I believe. Why don't you copy the whole JRiver directory structure somewhere else just in case?
Namaste,
John

nila

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2002, 01:54:30 pm »

I've done that now as I couldn't wait any longer to install my fav. jukebox but I need to know what to put back. I dont want to put it all back as something was stopping it starting in the first place.

On that note - a feature that would be really nice is:  Export MJ settings and Library - maybe in the file menu to make it super easy to do this type of thing.

I'd love it and it'd make it easier for you guys to tell people to uninstall and reinstall as tech support for all the clueless people.

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2002, 03:28:46 pm »

You should be ok with just putting back all the files. Most (all?) the persistent settings are in the registry and get refreshed when you re-install.

I've had similar problems and in general have been able to fix them by tweaking the registry (e.g playback on startup or remember location etc)

Claudio
Pages: [1]   Go Up