INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rename image  (Read 1501 times)

dmingesz

Rename image
« on: September 09, 2009, 05:58:29 pm »

I used the image tag to rename an image. Doing so, the name under the image is the new name. However, the old name appears in all other image or file reading programs. Any ideas?

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Rename image
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 03:37:04 am »

Can you give a hint HOW you renamed your images? Did you use the "Rename, Copy, and Move" Tool or something else? Are you talking about the FILENAME or the Name TAG of your images?

dmingesz

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 06:07:37 am »

Thank you for responding. I selected "tag" and then name and changed that. Also, I note that when I right click on an image, the rename F2 item in the list is greyed out.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 06:43:48 am »

To rename a file physically, you have to edit the field "Filename (Name)". To make this visible in the tag window choose your file(s) and select "Tag". Then on the left sided tag window you have a small icon in the upper left corner. Click it and select "Also show -> Filename (Name)"

If you edit this field, your file phyically gets renamed. You can also show this field as a column in the filelist on the right. Therefor just rightclick any columnheader and select the columns you want to be shown.

If change the Name tag (as you did) it only a change in MediaJukebox/Center Library and maybe (depents on your programs settings) in the exif file info or tag info of your file.

Are you sure talking about MediaJukebox? MediaJukebox doesn't handle pictures, only MediaCenter does...?!

dmingesz

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 09:10:58 am »

Thanks again - I'm beginning to see the light. I am using Media Center 13. When I changed the physical filename as you suggested, it worked but did not change the name shown under the image. Of course, I could change that by changing the "name" in the tag listing. That seems cumbersome. Also, when right clicking on an image, there is a "rename F2" item but it is greyed out and not usable. How do I get that item working? Your help is much appreciated!  Don

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 11:18:39 am »

I actually have no idea for the F2 thing. I'll take a look when I'm back at my PC.

But there are two ways of saving some work with renaming.

1st: Use the Filename (Name) field as your standard Name field and forget about the so called Name field.

2nd: Forget about the Filename (Name) field. Do all your file tagging as you like it. When you come to a point where you begin to think you reached the goal, select all your right tagged files and go tofont=Courier New] Library Tools->Rename, Move, & Copy Files...[/font]. There you'll find some nice options to rename all selected files based on the Tag-Infos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up