INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't sync handheld in client / server mode with 14.0.61 and higher  (Read 1253 times)

johnd126

• Junior Woodchuck

I have a MC14 Library server running downstairs (currently 14.0.61) and I'm connecting to the library from a machine upstairs.  Connecting and playing directly through the interface works great.

I really want MC to be able to sync with my WindowsMobile Storage Card and I just can't get it to work properly.  I've tried both the 'native' mode and installing softick.com CardExport and having the Storage Card show up as a USB drive. 

When I try to copy files to the Storage Card it will appear to copy the files but each time it will report an Error and it will disappear from the list on the device.  If I had to guess it seems that it's trying to copy the file from the local PC rather than first copying it up from the Library Server first.  Copying the files from the downstairs machine onto the device through Explorer works fine.

Also, I'm trying to set MC to stop displaying/cataloguing *.jpgs on the handheld by changing the Supported Types under Files and Paths and it seems to ignore the setting.  I tried to restart MC after making the change thinking it only read that setting on launch but it keeps reverting to the default setting after a restart.

I've tried versions 14.0.61 and 14.0.65 on the client with the same results.

Thanks.

johnd126

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Can't sync handheld in client / server mode with 14.0.61 and higher
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 11:54:32 am »

Sounds like I'm having the same problem as the guy with the Creative Zen in this thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=53697.0

I'll hold tight for the next version.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 12:00:01 pm »

In build 67 and later:
Fixed: Syncing a portable device from Library Server did not work correctly.

It's pretty fun to watch it work as it downloads a few at a time, converts a few at a time, and uploads files all in parallel.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

johnd126

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 12:09:24 pm »

In build 67 and later:
Fixed: Syncing a portable device from Library Server did not work correctly.

It's pretty fun to watch it work as it downloads a few at a time, converts a few at a time, and uploads files all in parallel.

I did enjoy watching that when it worked correctly in version 12. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up