INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old Real Jukebox security key  (Read 2186 times)

rearly

• Change this by choosing profile
Old Real Jukebox security key
« on: September 13, 2009, 11:13:16 pm »

After being dormant for a few years I've got a new laptop (Vista) and trying to get music working again.  I used to be a good customer of Real Jukebox, but now have just uploaded Version 14 of Media Jukebox.  A couple of queries:

1. What is the relationship between Real Player and J River Media Jukebox...are they now commercially competing alternative interfaces?
2. I thought I told Media Jukebox to install all my files, but can't see my *.rmj files in the library.
3. And I've got some old Real Jukebox files *.rmx and the security key for those was several desktop harddrives ago, and I can't seem to locate it anywhere in various backups of backups.   What kind of file format was that, which might help the search?   And is there any way now of unlocking those files if, as I suspect, the security key got dumped with a failed HDD some years ago?

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Old Real Jukebox security key
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 05:36:59 pm »

There is no relationship between MJ and Real.  Please try a google search for rmx.

MJ can probably play the unprotected files you have if you install a DirectShow filter called Real Alternative.  There's info on DirectShow in our Wiki (link above).

Pages: [1]   Go Up