INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New user - Bug Report (?) 4 - Weird filenaming of ripped CD  (Read 615 times)

Martin Tillman

I ripped Elgar's Cello Concerto |PLS| Enigma Variations (as wmas).  Track 4 is titled 'Enigma Variations Iii R.B.T. (Richard Baxter Townshend)', according to CDDB - actually it should be 'III' not 'Iii'.

This track was placed in a sub-directory called Enigma Variations Iii R.B.T. (Richard Baxter Townshend) !  The file was named '.wma' !!  Yep, no name, just the file extension (I don't believe the filename was just '.wma', but I've renamed it now).  If I'd not set Explorer to show file extensions I guess I'd just have seen an icon in the directory.  Spooky.

MJ v 8.0.318, WinXPpro.

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
RE:New user - Bug Report (?) 4 - Weird filenaming of ripped CD
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2002, 12:19:42 pm »

Check your naming scheme in Settings->Options File Naming and Locations..

Also the "." inside the file name will make part of the file name be seen by Windows as an extension. It's just not a good idea to have many special character in the filename

Claudio

martin_tillman

RE:New user - Bug Report (?) 4 - Weird filenaming of ripped CD
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2002, 12:46:03 pm »

It's the default  - dir: ARTIST\ALBUM, filename rule: TRACK# - NAME

I see no option that would cause a sub-dir to be created, let alone with any 'rule' that seems to have been applied as I described.  Do you?

>Also the "." inside the file name will make part of the file name be seen by Windows as an extension.

I can add any number of '.'s to a filename with impunity.  Windows treats only the letters and numbers after the last '.' as an extension (at least under XP and 95/98).  Also, Windows will refuse to (re)name a file with illegal characters.
Pages: [1]   Go Up