INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: weird licensing problem - SOLVED  (Read 890 times)

newsposter

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
weird licensing problem - SOLVED
« on: September 15, 2009, 05:50:23 pm »

Ok, this is a slightly edited digest of a PM exchange with JimH.

I've been trying to get a copy of MC13 licensed on a Win7/7229 installation.

My default browser of Opera 10.

MC13 will open the browser and I can paste in my license/customer #.  MSIE will then tell me that there is a file waiting for download and I tell it yes.  MC will then see the new mjr file and install it, presumably correctly.

All will be fine for a week or so, then MC13 will complain that it is not registered and I need to try again.

This time around, I have manually saved the license file as well as having MC13 install it.

Thought you'd like to know.

---and Jim responded with:

It could be either a system date or system name problem.  When either changes the license will become invalid.

Please use the forum for more help.  We'll reset your restores if you run out.

Thanks,

Jim

---and my response a few minutes ago was:

name-change!!  Bingo!  Thats got to be it.

I use a utility on my laptop, NetSetMan, to manage a number of different network configs as I travel between home, the office, and customer sites.

One thing that NetSetMan does is to (if needed) change the system name to match the network it will be connecting to.  The multiple customer sites I connect to does require this.

http://www.netsetman.com

I can't believe that I'm the only one with this problem, but perhaps I am.

It might be a 'good idea' to come up with an alternate way of identifying what a specific machine is.  Something like hashing out the OS load, processor serial #, discoverable MAC addresses, etc.

I'll post this up in the forums for discussion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up