Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M2ts  (Read 5101 times)

maid

• Citizen of the Universe
M2ts
« on: September 16, 2009, 11:23:52 pm »

Can someone please tell me how to play these files.

I get sound only no video.

I am using cccodecs and automatic playback.

Filter Graph Info:

Filter 'Internal Script Command Renderer'
        CLSID: {48025243-2D39-11CE-875D-00608CB78066}
        Host: C:\WINDOWS\system32\quartz.dll
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Subtitle' of filter '\\JANETDELL\Shared Documents\My Videos\FullDisc\PERFECT_STORM_NA_EU_JP\BDMV\STREAM\00000.m2ts'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Text  Sub type TIME_FORMAT_NONE, Format type TIME_FORMAT_NONE

Filter 'Default DirectSound Device'
        CLSID: {79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767}
        Host: C:\WINDOWS\system32\quartz.dll
        Input Pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)'
            Connected to pin 'Out' of filter 'AC3Filter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'AC3Filter'
        CLSID: {A753A1EC-973E-4718-AF8E-A3F554D45C44}
        Host: C:\Program Files\Total Video Converter\ac3filter.cpl
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Audio' of filter '\\JANETDELL\Shared Documents\My Videos\FullDisc\PERFECT_STORM_NA_EU_JP\BDMV\STREAM\00000.m2ts'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DOLBY_AC3, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'Out'
            Connected to pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)' of filter 'Default DirectSound Device'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter '\\JANETDELL\Shared Documents\My Videos\FullDisc\PERFECT_STORM_NA_EU_JP\BDMV\STREAM\00000.m2ts'
        CLSID: {55DA30FC-F16B-49FC-BAA5-AE59FC65F82D}
        Host: C:\Program Files\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\Haali\splitter.ax
        Output Pin 'Video'
        Output Pin 'Audio'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'AC3Filter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DOLBY_AC3, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'Subtitle'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'Internal Script Command Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Text  Sub type TIME_FORMAT_NONE, Format type TIME_FORMAT_NONE

Cheers
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: M2ts
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 12:24:17 am »

Looks like you are not getting a Video Pin Out from the Haali Video Renderer (eg have a look at mine).  Does it play in Windows Media Player?

Code: [Select]
Filter Graph Info:

Filter 'Default DirectSound Device'
        CLSID: {79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767}
        Host: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\quartz.dll
        Input Pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'

Filter 'Haali Video Renderer'
        CLSID: {760A8F35-97E7-479D-AAF5-DA9EFF95D751}
        Host: C:\Program Files (x86)\Haali\MatroskaSplitter\dxr.dll
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Out' of filter 'ffdshow Video Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YUY2, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'Subtitle'

Filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'
        CLSID: {A4207487-E7D8-406B-9882-B66370DE2492}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Audio' of filter '\\RUMPUS\Media4\Video\Movies\Temp.M2TS'
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)' of filter 'Default DirectSound Device'

Filter 'ffdshow Video Decoder'
        CLSID: {04FE9017-F873-410E-871E-AB91661A4EF7}
        Host: C:\Program Files (x86)\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {31435657-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Output Pin 'Out'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'Haali Video Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YUY2, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'In Text'
            Connected to pin 'Subtitle' of filter '\\RUMPUS\Media4\Video\Movies\Temp.M2TS'
        Input Pin 'In Text 2'

Filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
        CLSID: {A4207487-E7D8-406B-9882-B66370DE2492}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Video' of filter '\\RUMPUS\Media4\Video\Movies\Temp.M2TS'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {31435657-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'ffdshow Video Decoder'

Filter '\\RUMPUS\Media4\Video\Movies\Temp.M2TS'
        CLSID: {55DA30FC-F16B-49FC-BAA5-AE59FC65F82D}
        Host: C:\Program Files (x86)\Haali\MatroskaSplitter\splitter.ax
        Output Pin 'Video'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
        Output Pin 'Audio'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'
        Output Pin 'Subtitle'
            Connected to pin 'In Text' of filter 'ffdshow Video Decoder'
JRiver CEO Elect

maid

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 01:25:56 am »

I'm sorry this doesnt mean much to me.

Do you know how to fix this??

Cheers
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

Daydream

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 01:55:27 am »

Tools - Options - File Types - Video.

AVCHD Video (m2ts, mts) is what you're after. Make sure Playback method is JRiver Video engine (using DirectShow filters). For 'Other filters' see if you get something in the list that reads like WMVideo Decoder DMO and check it. Try again, see if it makes any difference.

The long explanation. Your movie The Perfect Storm was released on Blu-Ray (which m2ts files belong to) encoded in VC-1. That's a Microsoft codec. U don't say what OS you're running there but chances are pretty good that you have it already. If not update to whatever is the latest Windows Media Player.

Note: You don't get video hardware acceleration with these methods. For that you need the Video decoder from MPC-HC.

maid

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 10:04:33 pm »

Installed windows media player 11.

All now works well.

Thanks

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 11:17:48 am »

I'd like to bring this topic up again.  I have been able to play m2ts file with the Windows Media Player Engine.  This is not as elegant as I would like so I am now trying the JRiver video engine.  After selecting WMVideo Decoder DMO choices, here is the error I get:

Error details:
DirectShow: Pins cannot connect due to not supporting the same transport. Code=0x80040266

Please guide me to what I need to do.  I am running Windows 7 using the latest MC 14.  WMP 11 is included with Windows 7 so I have that, hence the reason why using the WMP engine actually works and these m2ts file play fine then.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 03:16:35 pm »

M2TS are just containers that can have almost any video type in it.  I use Haali splitter and ffdshow for the audio and video filter
JRiver CEO Elect

benn600

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 05:29:18 pm »

So will I need to install Haali splitter?  What about ffdshow?  They aren't included with MC or Win7?

Daydream

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 05:49:00 pm »

So will I need to install Haali splitter?  What about ffdshow?  They aren't included with MC or Win7?

What's with these questions? Are you spending your time lately on a Mac or something? :)
They are either close-source (but free) third party apps, or licensed under GPL and the likes. You can't packed them with a paid app (be it MC or Windows) and pretend we're all friends and everything under the sun is fine. :)

benn600

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 06:03:28 pm »

Well I guess I'll mention I'm writing this on a Mac.   ;D

benn600

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 06:09:47 pm »

Okay, I installed Haali media splitter and selected it as source filter & other filters.  I also added WMV filters.  Both only yield audio and no video within MC.  What step am I missing?

Daydream

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 09:51:02 pm »

Like jmone hinted above, m2ts is a container, not a stream per se. Are you sure you're having a VC-1 stream inside that m2ts file, that you're trying to decode? So we don't talk for half a day to find out that the problem is totally different :). If you are sure, it would also help to know if the source is progressive or interlaced (VC-1 interlaced material (say, a concert) is more tricky to decode and deinterlace with certain filters).

benn600

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 09:53:42 pm »

The m2ts files I am using are directly ripped from Blu Ray discs.  Some of them play fine and others do not play.  If I am not mistaken, Blu Ray discs are encoded with two separate codecs, one by Sony and the other by Microsoft.  I just want to play Blu Ray m2ts files with the JRiver video engine.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 10:09:32 pm »

Give this a try:
http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

Open source program that will tell you exactly what streams are inside a file.  Use it to compare files that play fine and those that don't to see what the differences in CODEC are.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 10:48:16 pm »

I would say that you should uninstall any filters, codec packs etc you've installed up to this point and then install CCCP. Then in MC's video options under mts/m2ts just tell it to use jriver's directshow playback and see if it works. I imagine it would.

benn600

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2010, 10:08:27 am »

CCCP install works!  Thank you SO much.  I honestly thought I had installed CCCP but apparently not.  Finally, JRiver video engine!!!

benn600

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 10:57:05 am »

Is there a way I can setup the m2ts files like DVDs are handled--quick find cover art doesn't work.  I have a folder called the movie name with a folder.jpg file next to a single .m2ts file.

Also, it doesn't look like I can seek/fast forward/rewind these files at all.  (seek through OSD) I can click on the progress bar to move around.  However, doing so results in 5+ seconds of very slow/stuttering video until it finally catches up I guess.  Then it plays flawlessly.

How do others import Blu Ray content?  Right now I am basically just importing the single large file but have not yet attacked television discs.  I have a couple seasons sitting waiting for me to get the courage to tackle them.  First I need to understand what I am doing wrong on cover art/tagging these files and then I might figure it out.  I don't like the idea of having an entry for each m2ts file.  Is there ANY chance that menu support will be available in the next several months or is it very unlikely?

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 11:08:22 am »

The best container for movies and or TV shows right now is MKV.  You can preserve the original stream(s) that you care about and retain the chapter marks too (but chapter mark support is spotty/non-existent when streaming).  I have used MakeMKV for DVD content.  I know it works with BR/HDDVD too but I have not tried that feature.  MakeMKV is free, but HD support is not.

benn600

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 11:33:52 am »

So I have to essentially process or re-construct these files in the MKV container?  I was hoping to not have to process the files if possible, like I do for DVDs.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 12:26:04 pm »

If you want to capture the data with the original unconverted streams and including the original chapter marks, doing the initial capture with MakeMKV is the easiest/fastest way to do it (that I have found).  If the M2TS file has the stream data you want, converting to MKV won't buy you anything unless you manually add in the chapter data.  But if you want to do it, you just need to remux the M2TS in to the MKV container.

FYI - I don't see any difference in MC playback between MT2S and MKV when it comes to normal fast forwarding.

If you want menu support, you need to stick to ISO files (or the full folder structure) for each disc.  The menus are specific to the disc format and really only work in that specific playback environment.  When I backed up my HDDVDs (so I could still watch them when my player eventually dies), I just used ISO.

For TV series, I find it easier to have each episode as a separate file so I can quickly go to my favorites w/o digging through discs and menus.  For that MKV is my preferred container since I can keep all of the audio and subtitle tracks I care about (including commentary) and easily switch between them in MC.  I can also stream the MKV's to my XBox 360 w/o transcoding using the new DiVX functionality for Windows 7.  Plus since I have the original streams and chapters it would be easy to remux to a newer/better container if one comes out.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 02:43:05 pm »

JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up