INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not seeing al albums in theaterview , how can i see artist name +album name?  (Read 2716 times)

tony71

• Recent member

Hello,

i want to use my pc as a htpc to a amplifier etc...
So i am trying this software.
i mostly want to use Theaterview, because its easy with a remote control.
i have named al my albums like   example:  1 map with the artist name "bb king"  , and in that map all the albums from the artist , named "bb king-completely well"  ."

But sometimes it doenst let me view al the artist and albums in Theaterview.(Why?)
How can i best name my maps and submaps?

One more question....
In displayview, i can make an other way to view the maps like Artist-albums.Where i can see the name and the name off the album.
But in theater view , i can only see the album name or the artist name.
Not both together.
How do i do that?
I hope i made it clear, i am dutch , maybe my english is not to good.
Kindly regards, Tony

I

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe

welkom tony.

just to be shure, you are using media jukebox 12? or media center 14? i believe mj12 has no Theater View.
in 14 you can change that by going into options, Theater View and add to the view you want to change the expression [album artist (auto)] - [album]

in priciple you should see all artists and albums in Theater View, but it possible that they are not included when using a query on the view. but it could also be that it is jumping something because there is only one album for instance?

i think your english is fine, but if translating is to difficult,  ;), my dutch is still fairly up to date.

:)
gab

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

I'm not sure what you mean by "map".

It may be easier if you give us specific examples.

In Theater View, use the Obsidian skin.  The second roller under Audio will have something like:

Artist    Album    Genre

Maybe you're viewing by Artist, where all their albums are grouped under a single cover in the first view.  Click OK on your remote to see other albums.

Your English is fine, but you could also ask in Dutch if you need to.  We have many Dutch people here.  Maybe you'll make a friend or two.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

I just noticed that this is in the Media Jukebox forum.  You should be using JRiver Media Center.  What are you using?

I can move this topic if necessary.

tony71

• Recent member

Hello , people (hallo, luitjes)  :)

I ll do this in english.
Maybe thats easier for foreign customers , who want to learn something also.

I am going to try a few solutions u all mentioned, i just arrived at home.

For the right forumpart...I am using jriver media center 14.

With maps i meant ..a directory.So one directory like "bb king" and in that directory are the albums called "bb king-name album"

Thx for reply that fast.Going to try the options mentioned now.

Regards,

Tony

tony71

• Recent member

Hello ,

I am using the Obsidian skin.
For example , i have an album called Ali cambell-Flying high  on my g: disc.
I ve imported the g: disc and all my albums are there.
I see most of them , but the example i dont see.
If i name the map Ali cambell, i dont see it , if i call him Ali cambell-Flying high , i dont see him (in theaterview)
Neither if i click on Albums or Artist in theaterview.
The files are all flac , like all the albums.
???

Regards, Tony

gappie

do you see the artists and albums in standard view?

are you renaming the maps outside media center, because if so, it depends on autoimport if it will pickup the new location.
how did you import all the files?

are the songs there, is it just the album and artist missing? 

as a test drag the missing album to playing now in standard view. does it import again?

do you see an item called documents at the leftside in the tree? if so, what is in there?

im sorry, only questions no answers.

gab

tony71

• Recent member

Hallo, Gab  :) 

bedankt voor het meedenken.

I see the map Ali campbell in the Audio/file options on the left side in standard view.
When i double click on file , i can go to my g: and the whole list off albums i see on the left.
The album Ali campbell is there.

On the right it gives me that it is  a unknown album.(with the right directions G:Alicampbell-Flying high)
Maybe its because , he doesnt reconige the flac files in the map?
I have more albums on my harddisk with only a name and the no named flac files in the map(track1.flac,track2 .flac).Those i see.
I ve changed the name already in mediacenter.
I also  did autoimport and single import.That doesnt work.
Maybe, i have to rename the flac files.But i dont know why,  he doesnt show me this album in theaterview , and others with the same structure as well.(Artist with no name flac inside...1.flac,2.flac etc....)

regards, Tony

gappie

i think because mc does not see the album. mc reads the files. inside the files, the tags, the information about the artist and the album is stored. i think mc did find the flac files, but did not read the tag info, maybe because its not there. or because its in some format outdated, when you want to learn about tags just type in  'alexb tags' in the search. the file structure is not interesting, but can help you to get the infi into the tags and mc.

youre files are ordered like: artist\album
when you click select a file that doesnt have an album and an artist, rightclick and choose library tools>fill properties from filename. select directory and choose in the defaults  artist\album. deselct the filename. this will fill in the artist and album for those files. and when that is right, you can do that for a bunch at the same time. there are a more tools inside mc to get info to or from the files.

keep us updated with how it goes and the problems...
gab

tony71

• Recent member

Yes!

That was the solution.
Many thanks for helping me out.  :)

Regards, Tony

gappie

Re: Not seeing al albums in theaterview , how can i see artist name +album name?
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009, 10:59:07 am »

graag gedaan,

gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up