INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Server problem  (Read 847 times)

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
Library Server problem
« on: September 24, 2009, 07:13:05 pm »

I often play music at work via Library Server running at home. I'm having one minor issue that is an annoyance.

Basically, every evening when I'm about to leave the office I sync my library back to the home server (as an aside, manually having to do this is annoying, I wish this sync was automatic). The next day when I come in I start MC at the office and my previous day's synced info is NOT reflected in the library (usually this is ratings, previous play time, and play count). To fix this I need to log into my home PC, close and reopen MC, and then from my office PC reload the library. This works but is a pain.

So, if this the way it is supposed to work? And if it is, I'd like to request that be made more seamless. I don't think I should need to restart the library server to make it reflect synced changes.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Library Server problem
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 07:18:18 pm »

Sync will be automatic.  We know it isn't quite right now.

We think that the other problem may be from caching on your work LAN.  A change was made in build 73 that might affect this.

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Library Server problem
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 08:32:57 pm »

Great, looking forward to the auto-sync.

As for the other, I doubt it's my work LAN, we're not sophisticated enough to do caching. Anyway, I'll try a post 73 build when it comes out and see if that helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up