INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get albums with more CDs placed in one folder?  (Read 997 times)

Bjorn

• Junior Woodchuck
How to get albums with more CDs placed in one folder?
« on: September 25, 2009, 04:15:16 pm »

I havent' been able to find the answer to this.
I use dbPoweramp to rip my CDs and use their default string. Both with WMP, the Monkey player (hehe) and Albumplayer albums with more then on CD are placed under the same album folder. But not with JRiver media Center. The double (or triple) albums are spread out. I would like them to be in the same album folder. What do I need to do?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: How to get albums with more CDs placed in one folder?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 05:20:08 pm »

Are you asking about Album folders on disk, or Album groupings within MC ?

If the latter, ensure album titles are the same for both discs, and set the correct Disk # tag for each track in the album.   You can have the tracks in folders who's names differ (eg. The Wall Disk 1, The Wall Disk 2).  See image.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 07:31:09 pm »

Look at the folder rule and filename rules settings in Tools/Options/File Location.  That determines where they files you rip are placed.

When you rip a CD, check the tag values returned by YADB before you tell MC to begin ripping. If the Cds comprising a set have different album names. You  probably want to correct such differences before a Cd is ripped. (And you may need to uncheck "Enable auto rip" in Tools/Options/CD & DVD so that you can see the tag values before MC begins ripping.)

Bill

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 09:42:44 pm »

Interesting this came up.  I do something a little differently than MrC and was wondering if anyone else does the same.

Like, MrC, I make sure the "Disk" field is filled in and have the same Album Name for all tracks.  Unlike MrC, I will reorder the track numbers (Fill Track Numbers From List Order) so that it looks like one big disk.  Then, I will use the Rename, Move command to change the filename based on the field names.

I have not changed all multiple-disk albums to this format, so my library is inconsistent.  When browsing by Album covers, it's nice to show just one cover and have one long list, but the downside is that the track numbers no longer match the original disk.  I thought about using a custom field for "Original Track", but I never bothered setting it up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up