INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorting albums for individual artists by date (newest first)  (Read 1271 times)

satfrat

• Junior Woodchuck
Sorting albums for individual artists by date (newest first)
« on: September 25, 2009, 02:10:25 pm »

Under Audio/Artists, I have the artists listed by Album Artists(auto) listed as album thumbnails and sorted by name a-z with the artist's individual albums stacked but when I click onto the album stack, I would like each of the artist album thumbnails to be listed by date(newest first) but all MC14 wants to do is list them alphabetically like the artists listings. On MC 13, all I had to do was program (Bottom) to list album thumbnails and sorted by Date(newest first) and that's what happened. But with MC 14, they are sorted by alphabet instead.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Robin

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
Re: Sorting albums for individual artists by date (newest first)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 07:04:09 pm »

I'm having the same problem with Smartlists.  Since Updating to 14 all my Smartlists sort first by Artist then Albums in alphabetical order.  I can't get them to sort by date.  This happens only on my Vista PC.  I have MC14 on several other Windows XP PC's without this problem.  Are you by any chance running Vista?

satfrat

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 10:04:54 pm »

Nope, I'm still using Windows XP. I like using Album Thumbnails for both top & bottom in Album/Artists(auto). On top, the artists Album Thumbnails are listed alphebetically by name. But on the bottom, I want the Album Thumbnails to be sorted by year(newest first). This is how I have customized the Top/Bottom and this is how it was working with the MC 13 and it was working with the MC14 also,,,,, til this last software upgrade this week. Now the Bottom refuses to follow the Sort choices that are made but instead follows the Top. I have been overwriting Artists with different scenarios for the last 2 days but nothings working with the Bottom Sort choices regardless of how I chance them.

Now if I change the Bottom to Details, I can get the albums to sort by year, no problem. But so long as I keep the Top/Bottom both on Album Thumbnails, I can't change the Bottom Sort choice from the Top.

I really hate trying to explain all this, I confuse myself easily so I wonder if I'm really explaining myself coherently.  ? ;D

Robin

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 03:58:56 am »

satfrat, it is a small bug, ive seen the same. wait till the next update.  ;)

:)
gab

satfrat

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 04:37:07 pm »

Will do Gap, a big thanks for confirming this bug. I'll stop messing with the library customizing for now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up