INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: any portable mp3 player device "playstats compatible" with MC14?  (Read 3124 times)

robydago

• Citizen of the Universe
any portable mp3 player device "playstats compatible" with MC14?
« on: September 28, 2009, 10:53:50 am »

Hi,

I'm thinking about buying a new mp3 player; before deciding what to buy I need to know what's out there which is playstats compatible with MC14: i.e. last played and\or number plays on portable player can be saved back to MC14 and viceversa.

- Which, if any, portable mp3 player devices are officially playstats compatible with MC? (can anyone from JR answer this?)

- Which, if any, portable mp3 player devices are de facto playstats compatible with MC? (can anyone with hands-on experience answer this?)

Ciao,
Roberto

robydago

Re: any portable mp3 player device "playstats compatible" with MC14?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 04:35:32 am »

bump

robydago

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 05:10:30 pm »

bump

robydago

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 05:46:02 am »

bump

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 07:15:28 am »

Isn't the iPod Classic compatible in this way? Certainly used to be.

Probably isn't the answer you're looking for, but I keep my MC and iTunes libraries in sync, and use iTunes to sync my iPods/iPhone. This does what you describe. Perhaps someone else can chip in with another device that keeps play stats. Doesn't look like anyone wants to though, or perhaps this kind of device doesn't exist?

robydago

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 09:45:40 am »

prod, thanks for your answer.

I forgot to mention that I'd rather not buy anything from Apple (for the same reasons many people on this board complain about them).

I really hope that there are other options,  but if the only way to have playstats in sync with MC is to buy an Apple device... then I'll steal my girlfriend's iPod... 8)

goatherder

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 08:58:55 am »

I'll add my bump here.

There's nothing superior about the iPod apart from this particular aspect for what I use, and I'm increasingly keen not to be locked into iLand at the moment.

I'd jump on a player or phone which is capable of syncing playcounts with jRMC, equipped with a half-decent media player (ideally with separate podcast classification and with independent resume of every podcast like the iPod), and does a decent range of codecs.

Anything?

robydago

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 09:10:44 am »

goatherder,

I'm using a Nokia E71 and the embedded media player is not bad at all: podcasts - any file with 'podcast' in its genre tag - have "separate podcast classification and with independent resume of every podcast".

"a decent range of codecs" is not a problem for me because MC can convert file format while syncing.

The only thing missing is playstats sync!!

goatherder

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 06:49:49 pm »

goatherder,

I'm using a Nokia E71 and the embedded media player is not bad at all: podcasts - any file with 'podcast' in its genre tag - have "separate podcast classification and with independent resume of every podcast".

"a decent range of codecs" is not a problem for me because MC can convert file format while syncing.

The only thing missing is playstats sync!!

Really?

So it's capable of syncing play state of podcasts but not music?
Or it just internally keeps track of where you are in every podcast loaded onto the machine?

robydago

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 05:25:42 am »

Or it just internally keeps track of where you are in every podcast loaded onto the machine?

Just that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up