INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: is jblist from jriver? or is this spam.??  (Read 1949 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
is jblist from jriver? or is this spam.??
« on: December 06, 2009, 10:04:34 am »

i tried replying but got mailer daemon.  what the heck is this? and if it is legit. why woul dit remove me when i cannot reply to it?!

Hi! This is the ezmlm program. I'm managing the jblist@listserver.jriver.com mailing list.

I'm working for my owner, who can be reached at jblist-owner@listserver.jriver.com.

Messages to you from the jblist mailing list seem to have been bouncing. I've attached a copy of the first bounce message I received.

If this message bounces too, I will send you a probe. If the probe bounces, I will remove your address from the jblist mailing list, without further notice.

I've kept a list of which messages from the jblist mailing list have bounced from your address.

Copies of these messages may be in the archive.

To retrieve a set of messages 123-145 (a maximum of 100 per request), send an empty message to:
   <jblist-get.123_145@listserver.jriver.com>

To receive a subject and author list for the last 100 or so messages, send an empty message to:
   <jblist-index@listserver.jriver.com>

Here are the message numbers:

--- Enclosed is a copy of the bounce message I received.

Return-Path: <>
Received: (qmail 3867 invoked for bounce); 20 Nov 2009 02:57:13 -0000
Date: 20 Nov 2009 02:57:13 -0000
To: jblist-return-4-@listserver.jriver.com
Subject: failure notice

satfrat

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: is jblist from jriver? or is this spam.??
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 12:48:44 am »

No answer huh? Well don't feel alone as I got the same email in my junk file stating the same stuff and I too was concerned about whether or not this was spam. I PM'd JimH in hope of getting a direct answer. That was 3 days ago and have since deleted both the PM and spam(?) email. Guess it wasn't all that important. Plus I figure JRiver has never had a problem reaching me when it's time to ask for more money each 10 or so months for the next upgrade so there's obviously no problems on their end.  ;D

My advise for lack of any advise,, delete the email.

Cheers,
Robin

HTPC4ME

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 01:39:39 am »

Ain't that The truth!
And If I May Ad.. Glad to See There Concerned About The Spam OR Viruses We May Be Recieving. I did the same.. All Of Them I chose Email Proggy To Put Them Into Junk. I'm Not gonna get infected! LMAO not to mention... i have enough Tweaking and settings to look over and maintain with this proggy, I'm not gonna monitor spam emails too. thank god for junk folders.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 11:06:46 am »

Hi guys,
Those are just bounce messages from the list software. Normally you would get them, it just means at one point the list tried to deliver you a message that didn't get through but for some reason the bounce got through later. I think that if you were on a msn or hotmail or live account that might explain it since we were having trouble with them for a while. You can just delete them. Sorry about the hassle.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 11:17:20 am »

thnks bob...  been with you guys for years never seen thos before, and yes all my accounts are hotmail msn, and q.com (qwest)

thanks for the heads up will delete them.. also i know ive not been informed of certain reply posts before but never seen these? must be new software you guys are using??
Pages: [1]   Go Up