INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving media to another disk on a server  (Read 1015 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Moving media to another disk on a server
« on: October 02, 2009, 04:09:27 pm »

I've finally got my Raid 5 array up. So I've copied all media in the same structure to my new disk. I suppose it's just for me to change the drive letters so it's the exact same as it was on the old disk. I know the best way on local storage would be to use the move command, but I'm afraid that can take a long time over the network. I also have to turn my HTPC off at night so... Is there any things to think about before I do this? Just want to be sure so I don't mess up my whole library
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

newsposter

• MC Beta Team
Re: Moving media to another disk on a server
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 12:57:15 am »

Not that I've ever done this myself, but does MC support the use of system variables as pointers to media repositories?

If so, just changing that system variable to the new location should do the trick.

I do this all the time with Oracle and DB2 databases.  It took my three years to force the DBAs in my organization to work that way and now they'd never switch back to hard coded paths.

MrHaugen

Re: Moving media to another disk on a server
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 05:08:11 pm »

I'll take a backup, change the drive letters on the disks and keep the old data on the other disk for now. Should be safe then.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up