INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Show stopper and rudeness in 8.0.318  (Read 926 times)

LCtheDJ

Show stopper and rudeness in 8.0.318
« on: July 07, 2002, 01:04:15 pm »

I found this rude behavior a month ago with 8.0.289 and then again last night with 8.0.318.

I'm doing my notebook DJ gig with 200|PLS| tracks in Playing Now.  With that long of a list it's too much trouble to drag a track from position 206 to postition 5 to play next, so I use the 'send to next' feature.  This copies the track and now I have one copy at 6 and one at 207.  I go into Media Library to look for my next choice to play.  While there, the song playing moves on to the next song (the one I just copied from list position 206 to 6).  I get back to Playing Now in time to find that the song playing is NOT the one at 6, but the one at 207!  Yikes!  The song after 207 is NOT what I want to play next - I wanted #7 to be next.  This might be a minor inconvenience if I'm play music at home, but when I'm play for a gymnasium full of people, I can't afford to have a goof-up like this.  For me, this IS a show stopper.

One other rude behavior I found to be only annoying: when down the list around two-hundred-something, and the song changes from one to the next, the view jumps to the currently playing track, leaving me wondering where I was when I was so rudely yanked away.

I love Media Jukebox because of the integration between database and player, but if this behavior continues, I'll have to use some other player for my DJ jobs.  That would make me vehwee vehwee sad.  Please, can this be repaired?

LCtheDJ

RE:Show stopper and rudeness in 8.0.318
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2002, 01:09:26 pm »

PS

The problem with playing the wrong copy happened when I did the 'Send To, Playing Now, Add (as next to play)' from both, the Playing Now list, and from Media Library.

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2002, 07:18:15 am »

LCtheDJ,

With that long of a list it's too much trouble to drag a track from position 206 to postition 5 to play next, so I use the 'send to next' feature.
We can't reproduce the behavior you described. Can you explain in details.

Regards,
Nikolay

BigMike

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2002, 07:37:56 am »

I don't know about the sequence problem, but the "jumping to the playing now screen? can be turned off in MJ's options. I am not sure if that's what you mean, but if it is, the settings in the options will stop it from jumping out of your playlist.

Gatobrit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2002, 07:42:09 am »

Hi - I saw the same behaviour as well - on 315 or 316 I think.

I thought I was going crazy (could still be but....) - I ended up with half-a-dozen copies of the same song in Playing Now and the list kept jumping down to the last copy.

OK. Here is how to reproduce this...

1) Go to media library and pick out an artist / album.
2) Click on one song and select play. It add to playing now as the only song in there.
3) Click on another song and Send to "Playing Now / As Next To Play"
4) Do #3 again. Now you have three songs in PN.
5) Turn shuffle off.
6) Right click on the same album and select add to PN for the whole album. Now you have the three songs at the top plus the whole album in PN.
7) Now, drag one of the tracks lower in PN and the whole thing gets screwed up big time in (for me) some unpredictable ways.

Hope this helps!
Namaste,
John

LCtheDJ

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2002, 06:09:27 pm »

Nikolay - I don't think I can get any more detailed than I did in the original post but I'll to redo it.  If a track is playing at Seq. position #5 and the song at #6 is also at # 97 (duplicate entry); while I'm looking in some area other than Playing Now, when the song at #5 finishes, instead of playing the next in line at #6, MJ jumps to the duplicate at #97.

BigMike - My trouble is not with my view jumping to the Playing Now view (I'm already at the Playing Now view).  The trouble is that if I'm looking on the Playing Now list at # 247 while ths song playing at #5 moves on to #6, my viewing place on the PN list is lost as my focus is jerked up to see #6 instead of leaving me alone to browse in the area of # 247.  The whole thing is going on while on the PN view.

Anyway, I haven't tried 8.0.320 yet - the announcement says these things were fixed.  I'll get back after testing out the new build.

BTW all this was on my Sony VAIO notebook, no skin on MJ.

LCtheDJ

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2002, 07:51:30 pm »

Well, it looks like I'll have to find something else to complain about.  MJ 8.0.320 fixed both of these!

My thanks to the J River team!

Scronch

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2002, 08:18:24 pm »

I had the same problem with 8.0.315 and 8.0.317--when you put a song after the one currently playing, and there was another copy of that song further down in PN, then once the first copy started playing, doing a drag-and-drop on some unrelated song in PN would reposition the "currently playing" pointer to the second copy.  I don't see this behavior in 8.0.320.  THANKS FOR FIXING THIS SO QUICKLY.

Scronch
Pages: [1]   Go Up