INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How many files ?  (Read 606 times)

SFASATO

How many files ?
« on: July 07, 2002, 10:55:40 am »

How many files can organize in media Jukebox 7.2 ?

sekim

RE:How many files ?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2002, 11:15:51 am »

I don't know about 7.2, but one of the inhabitants here has over 131,000 on MJ 8. He still hasn't made it bleed.

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2002, 11:16:18 am »

Hi Sfasato

I personally am reaching the 10,000 marks and everything is cool.

KingSparta uses MJ (was 7.2 and 8 now) with a library of 130,000 mp3 without any problem (while most of other jukeboxes choke on his collection)

Claudio

sekim

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2002, 11:28:26 am »

claudio and anyone else with a large collection,

How are you encoding? Straight up with one certain encoder, or speed ripping with APE or wave, and converting formats when away?

Later this year I'm going to take the plunge and build a hotrod computer. Most of the time I just do the straight and narrow. I have a lot of cds, but little hard drive space now. I think if I ripped everything it would be close to 15,000 songs. Just a guess, as it usually gets bigger each month. Was just wondering if anyone has found the 'perfect' way to rip. This should be good.

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2002, 11:46:20 am »

Hi MH

I use straight ripping since I have several machines on my network and I can always rip on one while I work on the other.  I haven't really done a massive ripping session upfront of my cd collection, but mostly started with my favorite and then adding a bit here and there. Now, since I've subscribed to Emusic my ripping has diminuished substantially. I still have a good portion of my classical music library that hasn't made in digital form yet

I have been tempted to start with APE, not for speed ripping, but just as a base format for my collection (storage is getting cheap by the day).  But the fact that I have to encode to transfer to my portable jukebox and that the quality with hig vbr is excellent for my ears has delayed this project so far

Claudio
Pages: [1]   Go Up