INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Server Top Priorities  (Read 1042 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Library Server Top Priorities
« on: October 06, 2009, 09:48:26 am »

For me the top 3 issues with LS are as follows:

1. Cant apply covert art from a locally connected client. This means I have to remote desktop into my server every time I want to apply a movie poster or album art to a new file. I set MC to use a folder to keep the cover art in, and so it should be simple for a LS client to save cover art to that same location, if it can resolve it.

2. LS client doesnt sync back which view I was last in. I often do big tasks on the server and so I finish up on a "Tagging" view. Then when I connect with a client I always start up in that same tagging view. I'd like to be able to start up where I left off, no matter what computer I was using previously.

3. Library Tools are dangerous. I think they should be greyed out and unusable in LS clients. If I do a renaming or moving operation on files with a LS client, and the server is set to auto-import, then it finds the files and reimports them. This totally screws with the "Recently imported" playlists and sorted lists.

I would also love to be able to edit viewschemes in a client, but understand that that might be the last thing to be added to LS.

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Library Server Top Priorities
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 03:45:30 pm »

As I and others have reported previously, moved or deleted playlists do not sync up properly. See http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=53935

I agree that Library Tools often don't seem to function as expected.

It would be nice to have some clarity as to what functions "worked" in Library Server (i.e. result in changes that can be sync'd back to the server library) and what functions do not. I agree that those that do not "work" should probably be greyed out.

Likewise, it would be nice to clarify what happens if the library on the server changes before a sync. Right now when you try to resync you get a message to that effect and the option to reload the library. Does that result in changes you made on the client being lost? How can a true sync occur so that only records that were changed on both the client and server indicate that a conflict has occurred.

Pages: [1]   Go Up