INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote Control - a little help please  (Read 1294 times)

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Remote Control - a little help please
« on: October 17, 2009, 01:23:29 pm »

I've been fumbling around trying to set up my remote (with limited success).  I guess my main problem is it seems MC doesn't remember my setup, or I get inconsistent  results from key commands.

-Adesso ARC 1100 (which I have used with Windows Media Center without problem)
-I've now disabled Windows Media Center on this Windows 7 PC x64
-If I check only the MCE remote box (in MC14), the fast forward and rewind keys don't work at all, and I can't program (learn) any keys.  Green button opens the File (context menu).
-If I check the "remote...or other HID" box, I can program the keys I want (except the green button, among a few others), it works for a while however its "hit and miss" after that.  As an example, the key I programed to "toggle theater view" will now open the remote options window.  Even after I "re-learn" the commands, other wierd things happen.
         ....when I toggle theater view, I get theater view, but I also get a small window asking me to choose a folder or enter an internet address.
         ....when I press the key for Playing now (theater view), I get playing now, but also a window asking me to "run a benchmark".
Ideally, all I need are common playback controls for watching dvds and recorded tv (and also a key to get to theater view and back).  Any counsel on how to set up this remote with MC14 is appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up