INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD's won't Rip  (Read 1224 times)

stevenf

• World Citizen
  • It works for me....
CD's won't Rip
« on: October 19, 2009, 08:41:06 am »

I've just noticed that for some reason when i'm connected to the internet, i get this message whenever i try and rip a Cd to the FLAC file format.

"Rip CD" is currently unavailable.

Please ensure that a suitable Cd/DVD drive is installed on this machine. Also make sure you are using a local library and are not in party mode.

I've never had any problems, until a few minutes ago, and before that, not problems at all

Thanks

Stevenf

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: CD's won't Rip
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 09:25:55 am »

- Does it work when you are not connected to the Internet?
- If yes, how exactly did you disable the Internet connection?
- Have you installed any new hardware or software or otherwise changed anything after the last time it worked?
- Please post also you system info from the help menu.

I find your problem interesting because I just recently stumbled on a bit similar problem when I replaced a plain DVD reader with a DVD writer on an old "Pentium 4 / XP Home" PC. I tried several burner programs (including MJ and MC) and none of them detected the new drive as a writer. I tried every possible trick I am aware of, but disabling the Internet connection was not one of them. I didn't try ripping though.

This was at my sister's place and I didn't have other drive units at hand, but the drive I installed worked fine on a similar old PC when I tested it beforehand. The issue is still unresolved.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

stevenf

• World Citizen
  • It works for me....
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 08:20:21 am »

It seems to work now, i thought it might be a virus or malware of some type, but after doing a scan and nothing showed up, i figured it had to be something else. But as i said it works fine now. If it happens again, i'll post again.

Stevenf

stevenf

• World Citizen
  • It works for me....
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 09:42:56 am »

I think it's either my DVD drive or the discs

Stevenf
Pages: [1]   Go Up