INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Performer store  (Read 1039 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Performer store
« on: October 06, 2009, 03:46:15 am »

I am unable to connect to the performer store from my work computer. Working with John we managed to figure out that my login is being rejected from this end rather than by MC. That leads me to believe that the proxy which our work computers use to get to the internet must be stopping the connection. Does the performer store use any special ports to make the connection? I am able to connect to my home computer using library server from my work computer, and as far as I know the proxy server isnt rejecting any websites (facebook, email, and all the other corporate timewaster sites work fine).

park

• MC Beta Team
Re: Performer store
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 03:36:46 am »

As a workaround to not being able to connect to the store from work, I used the "Download album" feature of the store on my home computer. Then when I connected to my home library through Library server at work, I tried to play one of those songs. But it looks like the DRM prevents playback. It would be nice if the MC server negotiated the DRM and streamed DRM free files to up to 5 clients.

Is this likely to ever happen?

I actually do most of my music listening at work or on my iphone now, so without access to the performer store on either, the monthly streaming option starts to feel quite expensive.

park

• MC Beta Team
Re: Performer store
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 05:17:08 am »

bump
Pages: [1]   Go Up