INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlist Obliteration  (Read 622 times)

Brook

Playlist Obliteration
« on: July 06, 2002, 11:02:56 am »

Today, I noticed that a playlist I'd been working on was empty.  I had spent hours creating it, listening to songs for word content, and created a list of around 350 songs.  They were all gone.  Unfortunately, my last backup did not include this work, so it was all lost (lesson to me: backup after doing significant work).  Note: all playlists were empty, but there was only one I was concerned with.

Anyway, I figured maybe it was an old version of MJ (version 293 I think), so I downloaded the latest, v 318.

Everything was going along OK.  I added a few songs to my playlist, and was listening to music.  I was running Replay Gain on about 60 new songs.  I've been having some system overheating/crashing problems, and a crash decided to occur while running Replay Gain.  After the reboot, I found that once again, my playlists were all empty.  This included the one I'd just added to, the playing now list, and the recently imported list.  

Sounds like there's a problem with losing data during a crash.  Even if this issue is fixed, I'd like to see something along the lines of having an automatic backup (.bak) of each file that will take you back to the most recent version just in case something bad or unexpected happens.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Playlist Obliteration
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2002, 11:13:37 am »

Chances are that the playlist is still there.  Try clicking on the |PLS| symbols for playlists, and then for organization.  Try doing a search by typing a control f and then the name of the list.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Brook

RE:Playlist Obliteration
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2002, 04:22:41 pm »

Hi Jim,

Thanks for responding.  The playlist is still there.  It is all of the song entries within the playlist that are missing.  They really are gone.  I have the playlist highlighted on the left frame, and the right frame which is supposed to list the files in the playlist is empty.  It says "Files in Playlist" and "Total file(s): 0" at the bottom.  I'm confident I haven't made a mistake in looking at them.  I would appreciate any other ideas or thoughts you might have.
Pages: [1]   Go Up