INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error when saving new filename tags on video  (Read 1527 times)

kyn

Error when saving new filename tags on video
« on: October 27, 2009, 05:09:35 pm »

I got tons of videos, But when i rename them and use the 'Rename, Move, & Copy Files' feature, to move them into the appropriate folders, MC tends to rename some of the videos, but not others, so i have to end MC then open it again and try to rename the particular video again, but it doesnt always work a second time.

Can anyone tell me why o how to fix this?

ThoBar

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Was confishy
Re: Error when saving new filename tags on video
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 08:23:45 pm »

(you should have posted this into the Media Center 14 forum)

If you are moving files from one disk to another, it can take a LONG time if you are moving a large number of files (the time it would take to copy the files in windows explorer). In this case, you should make sure you leave MC open long enough to finish the job before checking.

If it's on the same disk, it should very quick however. If it's not, I'd check file security and read-only permissions to be sure MC can do what you're asking

kyn

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 02:15:20 am »

How do i check file security and read-only permissions, to allow MC edit files names?

ThoBar

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Was confishy
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 06:59:23 am »

How do i check file security and read-only permissions, to allow MC edit files names?
Use windows explorer (right click on the file and/or folder in question, then select advanced from the main tab, or look at the security tab - please be careful however)

If you've not ever had problems before, I'd suggest it's likely to be that you didnt wait long enough, or there is something else going on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up