INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using different Directshow settings for different zones  (Read 1126 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
Using different Directshow settings for different zones
« on: September 28, 2009, 08:57:39 pm »

Hi!

When playing video files, I would like the sound to be output through different sound renderers in zone 1 and zone 2. However, when go into the zone manager and try to set different audio renderers for each zone under Directshow video playback settings, what I set for the last zone I configure goes for all zones. If I change zone 1 to output video sound through the ATI HDMI output, zone 2 also is set to use that audio output. And then when I configure zone 2 to output through the Realtek HD output, zone 1 is also changed.

I found a post about this exact problem in the MC12 forum ( http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=44663.0 ), but it doesn't appear to be solved there. Can it be solved in MC14 so I don't have to manually go into the Directshow playback settings every time I watch video in a different room?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Using different Directshow settings for different zones
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 11:39:08 am »

Each time you select an audio renderer on DirectShow Video playback settings window, the selection applies to the current zone you are in.

Please try the following:

Instead of going into the Zone Manager, simply change to a zone you want to configure (Player > Playback Options > Zone 2 for instance), and then go to Tools > Options > Playback > Video > DirectShow Video Playback settings... to choose your audio renderer.  Repeat for each zone.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

audunth

Re: Using different Directshow settings for different zones
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 04:10:32 pm »

Thanx, works that way :)
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC
Pages: [1]   Go Up