INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble recording from Windows XP mixer/soundcard.  (Read 1471 times)

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
Trouble recording from Windows XP mixer/soundcard.
« on: December 10, 2009, 06:47:36 am »

Hi there - I am trying to record a stream from the internet.  I have read the wiki and made sure that the MC14 recorder options are set to my soundcard.  I can hear the stream from my soundcard, but nothing records.  MC14 tells me that it's "waiting for sound"... sounds is definitely coming out of the sound card.

Am I missing something?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Trouble recording from Windows XP mixer/soundcard.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 08:44:58 am »

Possibly MC tries to record sound that would come through the physical input connectors (mic / line in / etc).

Depending on your sound device, its control panel might provide an option to redirect the mixer sound to the internal recording line that is provided for recorder applications.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 10:26:12 am »

Possibly MC tries to record sound that would come through the physical input connectors (mic / line in / etc).

Well in the Recorder Options there are choices for Recording Source (Line-In, Mic, CD Audio and Mixer), and I have it set to Mixer.  I thought that would record what came out of my windows mixer? 

The control panel for my sound card doesn't show anything useful - just microphone setup and enhancement.

Any other thoughts?  Does anyone use MC to record streaming audio?

gappie

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 10:39:23 am »

i recently tryed that also. could not get it to work.. but also not with some prorecording programs. searched the internet for a free small utility. there are a few around. i can check later what i eventually used.

:)
gab

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 10:55:07 am »

i recently tryed that also. could not get it to work.. but also not with some prorecording programs. searched the internet for a free small utility. there are a few around. i can check later what i eventually used.

gab

Ditto. It was a while back, so I just assumed I was inept at MC stuff.

gappie

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 11:07:53 am »

gab
now i remember, i did check for a small utility and they are around, but i also checked the source code of the site, and found a link there to the file/stream. an mp3 in that case, and put that in the browser. it downloaded just fine then.  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up