INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: some covert art not displayed.  (Read 2091 times)

kurushi

• Citizen of the Universe
some covert art not displayed.
« on: October 21, 2009, 03:43:21 am »

Hi i dunno why some of my covert art are don't displayed.
no matter i set :
covert arts in the same folder.jpg or the other two options.
my files are jpg.
same renaiming them folder , front or whatever.

cliking on rebuild thumbnail or quick schearch on the file folder don't work either.
Thx for you're help.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: some covert art not displayed.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 04:32:39 am »

You could check the value in the Image File field. (Make it visible in "Action Window > Tag" or as a column in a list view.). If the image file is in the audio file's folder it should show only the image file's filename and if it is located elsewhere also the path should be included.

If it shows a correct value, MC may once have deleted the cached thumbnail image for the first track and for some reason does not regenerate it even if the user tries to force that. That seems to cause the album thumbnail to not show up in thumbnail views.

I have noticed this behavior and the only thing that seems to help is to remove and re-add cover art.

This is probably related to the handling of off-line files, because in my library it has occurred with an external drive which is not always powered.

I would very much like to have an option to always preserve the cached thumbnail image even when the audio file or linked cover art image is not available.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

maid

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 10:31:22 pm »

Yes I understand your dilemma as I have the self same problem.

I have thumbnails turned off and I add my own covertart.

Everything is in the correct folders and I have the store image in file tag but they disappear sporadically no matter how many times I replace them.

I am about to give up bothering as I have spent many hours making it all easy to look at the movie covers for them to be missing when they are most needed.

Good Luck
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

kurushi

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 01:29:11 pm »

Hi,
Alex B  i don't understand all of u're instructions. but i have found a way :
i cut and paste the cover from windows explorer.But if a picture is already in the file i need to delete it because it can delete the cover on the file's folder.

so Maid maybe this 'll can help you.But it's long so i use remember the last 3 actions in options==>tree (in the bottom)===> advanced==> remember the last 1 to 8 actions.
So right clik is more cunfortable.

By the way u seems to be a girl so maybe u can enjoy this purpple skin:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=53745.0

Thx Anyway Alex B.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 02:08:50 pm »

I wonder if this screenshot might help:

As you can see the Image File field has correct values, but the first track has lost its thumbnail (icon size) for some reason. This causes the album cover to not show up on the top split.

After my previous post in this thread I have noticed that the recently introduced "right-click > Cover Art > Rebuild Thumbnail" command can fix the problem.

EDIT

I have lots of albums like this and as I said, I suspect MC removed the thumbnail when it tried to access one of the album files while the file happened to be temporarily offline.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 02:54:23 pm »

As you can see the Image File field has correct values, but the first track has lost its thumbnail (icon size) for some reason. This causes the album cover to not show up on the top split.
I've seen this, but the album image always appears if you move the mouse over the icon.

maid

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 05:28:11 pm »

I cant rebuild the thumbnail as I have my own covers for my movies,

thanks
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 06:27:00 pm »

I cant rebuild the thumbnail as I have my own covers for my movies,

Most of the images inside the user interface come from the thumbnail cache:

Only the expanded image panel in "Action Window > Tag" and the main cover art display in Playing Now access the source image directly.

After the thumbnail is created it doesn't matter if the source was a cover art file or if the thumbnail was created from video content. Both types are handled similarly in the views. Many of the "missing cover art" problems are actually caused by problems with the cached thumbnails.

maid

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 06:46:08 pm »

So then I should be putting the cover art directly on that machine and not through the mapped drive.

Where are the thumbnails kept? Can they be moved?

Cheers

kurushi

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2009, 10:45:32 pm »

Hi Thx i have more understood now :)

So i haven't this problem because i store image in the tag and i choose multiple selection (with ctrl) like in the screenshot then Right clik==>quick schearch and all the pictures appear even if the tag is not made correctly.

BUT I HAVE NOTICED THAT U HAVE TO SET YOURE FOLDER IN READ ONLY for this to work maybe this 'll be helpfull.(after we can reverse back to read only).

And beware if u use past from clipboard and the file already contain a picture the clipboard will be deleted.

I use only one picture in the file folder (others are on another folder) because with two files i haven't display at all.
I have set options "picture on the folder file"

So maid like u see i don't use the rebuild thumdnail option just quick schearch:>

i have work the complete day on my pictures and now all the 127 GB have pictures now i can work on tag and has u can see on the screenshot there's a big work to do :p.
http://img5.imageshack.us/i/listis.jpg/

maid

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2009, 11:30:08 pm »

I also have store image in the tag ticked.

I am a little confused about the comment re the folders.

Which folders and do you mean not to have them as read only?

Cheers

kurushi

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2009, 06:42:07 am »

I mean u need to right click on the folder where youre music is and to uncheck the read only in the proprieties window so MC14 'll can insert the image in you're files.
If you don't this sometime when you quit MC14 a warning message appear:
Can access to the file in c:/music/etc.... check if the file is non used or is read only.
if it's in read only u can write the file.(it's the attribut file).
Like on this screenshot:

I hope you'll understand because my system is in French.
Pages: [1]   Go Up